Aer Lingus Special Deals to Ireland

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
Aer Lingus are about to offer a special golf deal on flights to Ireland, for flights between October and March 2010. They're waiving the cost of your golf clubs, which is worth something like £50.

And they've got some big name golf clubs to offer special deals too: The European, Ballybunion, Adare, Fota Island, Druid's Glen... There are over 20 clubs I've been told.

Don't know the exact details but if you're interested, be sure to check their website next week - knowing Aer Lingus the promotion will only run for a week or two.

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
This offer is about to kick off. Starting tomorrow (15/9/09) and ending the following Tuesday you can book flights from any UK airport that flies to Ireland (north and south), for travel between October and March, and not pay for your clubs. Once you've done that you can book any of 24 golf clubs that are participating in the offer at your leisure.

There are 30 courses in all, including several that have held the Irish Open, and these are undoubtedly among the best in the country:
Adare,
Ballybunion (2 courses)
Beech Park,
Carton House (2 courses)
Charleville,
Clandeboye (2 courses)
Concra Wood,
Cork,
Dromoland Castle,
Druid's Glen
Druid's Heath,
The European,
Fota Island,
Headfort (2 courses)
The Island,
Killarney (3 courses)
Lee Valley,
Lisburn,
Naas,
PGA Palmerstown,
Portmarnock,
Scrabo,
Shandon Park
Shannon

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
Any links?

There are some serious courses there :p

Yep, there are five courses in all:
Ballybunion - €160 to play its 2 courses. Offer is for October only.
The Island - 25% off normal green fee of €70 to €105
The European - €100
Portmarnock Links - €40 golf and free trolley Monday – Thursday (€59 golf and early bird dinner)

They're all good offers, but the Portmarnock Links is exceptional and it's 30 minutes from Dublin Airport (as is The Island)

Hope that helps

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
Any links?

There are some serious courses there :p

Yep, there are five courses in all (click name for photos):
Ballybunion Old - €160 to play its 2 courses. Offer is for October only.
The Island - 25% off normal green fee of €70 to €105
The European - €100
Portmarnock Links - €40 golf and free trolley Monday – Thursday (€59 golf and early bird dinner)

They're all good offers, but the Portmarnock Links is exceptional and it's 30 minutes from Dublin Airport (as is The Island). There's also a big hotel on site.

Hope that helps

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not convinced with this one to be honest....if you rang the clubs direct and said you were thinking of coming and could they do you a deal they probably would as there ain't much American cash in Ireland at the mo and they'l take anything they can get.....

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
Not convinced with this one to be honest....if you rang the clubs direct and said you were thinking of coming and could they do you a deal they probably would as there ain't much American cash in Ireland at the mo and they'l take anything they can get.....

That's probably true, but the core part of the deal is waiving the cost of taking your golf clubs on Aer Lingus - the golf courses got involved to boost the offer and, by their very participation, they're obviously keen to attract green fees. That said, you'd be hard pushed to get a better deal than the Ballybunion offer, and it will save you haggling at any of the courses listed.
Full details of the offer/green fees can be found here

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think thats a little unfair, North and South get their fair share of all continental visitors, the yanks are just more noticeable. Head to RCD and the Slieve Donard Hotel and watch the amount of various europeans arriving with their clubs. I think everywhere is down on foreign income though.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still not convinced as got the e-mail today as I have an Aer Lingus Gold Circle card with the offer but it's extremeley hard to find the actual golf offer even clicking on the right bits of the e-mail.....

I reckon you would get a deal at most places direct....apart from the obvious ones like RCD and Ballybunion (and the deal only saves you €20 anyway)....

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
it's extremeley hard to find the actual golf offer even clicking on the right bits of the e-mail.....

I reckon you would get a deal at most places direct....apart from the obvious ones like RCD and Ballybunion (and the deal only saves you €20 anyway)....

I heard it wasn't easy to find - which is a shame.

I guess you have to look at it from the golf clubs' perspective - they know they're not going to get a vast number of people coming over so the offers are good without being overboard. €20 off at Ballybunion is the price of a meal in the clubhouse and a couple of pints. Elsewhere, courses are already offering winter rates: it's hard to improve on 30 euro when it's already dropped from 45. I think you're being a bit tough on the courses