Advice for new golfer

Seamer

Hacker
Visit site
I started playing last year with a lot less practice and no lessons, I found people very accommodating and understanding, and people will always offer help and advice if they see you struggling. I used to turn up at quieter times at my local municipal course to play by myself and almost always ended up pairing with a more experienced golfer, it was invaluable.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I bit the bullet and got out on the course today. Had a very enjoyable time. Two very kind gentlemen let me join in with them which added to the experience.

Very happy to have finally done it. I didn’t play particularly well. I developed a slice on my drives, which is unusual because my bad shots tend to hook instead. I didn’t fat as many shots as I thought I possibly would after the transition from range mat to grass.

All in all it was a very good round. Managed to do 18 in 4 hours, sort of fell apart after the first 9 though. Played a lot better through the first 9. I guess it didn’t help with the new golf shoes rubbing, eventually making walking to be quite painful.

Thanks for all the support and advice given to me.

Good news. Glad you enjoyed it and glad you found two kindly soles to help break you in

Either an obscure pun (+10 forum points) or just wrong spelling (-25pts) ?

;)