Adams A12 hybrid

T

thecraw

Just to update. These hybrids are still sitting pretty and proud in my bag. I love the compact head, the versatility and ease of use. I did swap the 20 degree for an 18 degree and the gaping is absolutely perfect between 3 wood, 18 & 23 degree hybrids.

I know that there is an updated model out now but I really can't see these bats being moved on for quite a long time.

Adams do make the best hybrids going, I just hope TM don't drag them down.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to update. These hybrids are still sitting pretty and proud in my bag. I love the compact head, the versatility and ease of use. I did swap the 20 degree for an 18 degree and the gaping is absolutely perfect between 3 wood, 18 & 23 degree hybrids.

I know that there is an updated model out now but I really can't see these bats being moved on for quite a long time.

Adams do make the best hybrids going, I just hope TM don't drag them down.

Agreed.

I have a 16 + 20 A12 and they really behaved themselves today in the first full 18 holes for a while. Best rescue clubs I've ever tried

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another tick from me. Love my 20 degree. Although I did have a swing with the 19 degree XTD super hybrid and it was very tempting.

Adams certainly are the hybrid masters.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just bought a pair of these from a well known auction site! Made the guy an offer for the pair and got a bargain!

After my 20deg club went arrow straight on the 6th (started 10th) 187 yards to seal our 4bbb winter league win with just an 8foot putt left - I love the club even more. That's the one I bought from thecraw, cheers mate!

V

vkurup

Yup got an Adam 12 OS to replace my 3 iron.. it is a good club. However, replaced my 4 iron with a Yonex hybrid and I must say the Yonex is proving to be more reliable than the Adam. The velocity slot needed a bit getting used to, but now works fine for me.

PS: Adam is now owned by TaylorMade. So dont be surprised if TM launches clubs with 'velocity slots' :whistle:

T

thecraw

Yup got an Adam 12 OS to replace my 3 iron.. it is a good club. However, replaced my 4 iron with a Yonex hybrid and I must say the Yonex is proving to be more reliable than the Adam. The velocity slot needed a bit getting used to, but now works fine for me.

PS: Adam is now owned by TaylorMade. So dont be surprised if TM launches clubs with 'velocity slots' :whistle:

Like the RBZ already has? Its also rumoured to be the reason TM bought them as it was cheaper than the lawsuit that Adams filed for breach of copyright.

V

vkurup

what Yonex hybrid was it? I had the XTC and it was a cracker

I think it is the Yonex Golf Nanospeed 3i Hybrid, it is my 4 iron replacement... hated it coz it was not a 'good brand'; now you will need to fight me to take it away. I think Yonex does some pretty good clubs, but just not well regarded here. If i could, I might even consider replacing my Adam with a Yonex (for my 3 iron)

T

thecraw

These clubs get better and better. Hit a couple of corkers at Machrihanish today. Best hybrid I have ever hit by a country mile.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i sorted out the problems i was having with this club. i had been gripping too far up the shafts and trying to murder it. gripped about an inch and and half further down and started hitting it well again.

V

vkurup

i sorted out the problems i was having with this club. i had been gripping too far up the shafts and trying to murder it. gripped about an inch and and half further down and started hitting it well again.

I might try this... I hit my Yonex 4 replacement like a dream, but i am rubbish with my Adam 3 iron replacement... might try and choke it a bit.