Acustrike mat

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I have seen a few reviews and videos on the mat, and thought okay let’s give it ago.
Mine arrived start of this week and today I took it out for a practice. I didn’t hit balls off it, I wanted to see if I could see my swing issues and then adapt to see if that could then improve my shots.
Lofted irons, suggested initially a little fat and off the toe, changed a bit few practice swings on the mat, then hit a few balls ... all shots straight and struck nicely.
picked up a 5 iron and not sure whether I changed my mindset or not but scabbed it with a cut. So went to the mat, massive out to in swing and early strike. So set my self up checked ball position, and used the mat, to guide me, again. I then struck a few balls and a definite improvement.
Realistically this seems like a good practice regime, and possibly a good warm up process. I will keep trying and see if it starts to lock me down.
So I think this mat has merit and I will probably report back after a few weeks of using this process, to say whether it has improved my game or not.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have since done a further practice session and a warm up for a round using the mat.
For me I definitely see an improvement in my strike and my confidence is improving. My father used it and started to get some improvement. So as a visual aid and possibly a back garden quick groove your swing this is bang on the money.
The warm up session also helped a couple of practice swings on it then a few balls and come back a few more swings etc..

Only one concern is the longevity of the white marks .. but at this moment all is good.

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one of these in my house and even without hitting balls (and light fixings) it really helped with swing thoughts and improving my strike. In fact I would give it some credit with my handicap coming down a couple of shots this year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still using mine in practice and warm up sessions. I have had couple of cuts and some good placing in competitions. I think the mat could be credited with this improvement. But it also allows me to just adjust with out hitting a ball, meaning my 20 bucket can be used to pitch or drive a bit more depending on what I am having a panic about!
Been ill all this week, I got out Saturday afternoon still feeling a bit rubbish. A couple of practice swings, and I was then just back into the groove again, stayed longer than intended despite having my 7 yr old son with me .. who was having fun doing a varied amount of non golf activities

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How is it's durability standing up. Also, how does it work hitting off grass where I can imagine it'll be hard to get it to sit flush, especially on the grass on the practice ground at my club. Is it only for using off harder surfaces and range mats

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is it's durability standing up. Also, how does it work hitting off grass where I can imagine it'll be hard to get it to sit flush, especially on the grass on the practice ground at my club. Is it only for using off harder surfaces and range mats
Okay, so I use mine outside in the dry. The durability isn’t that much of an issue for me, I do a few swings hit some balls do a few swings then hit balls. I don’t hit off the mat, I could but I like hitting off turf... always have always will. It does sit flush, I practice off the level, but I use u pegs to hold it down. You have given me an idea about hitting off up and down lies .. thank you ?, I’ll pop that in to my routine.

Bassfisher

Visit site
Okay, so I use mine outside in the dry. The durability isn’t that much of an issue for me, I do a few swings hit some balls do a few swings then hit balls. I don’t hit off the mat, I could but I like hitting off turf... always have always will. It does sit flush, I practice off the level, but I use u pegs to hold it down. You have given me an idea about hitting off up and down lies .. thank you ?, I’ll pop that in to my routine.
Hi , As it’s been a few months now I’m wondering if you’re still using it and how you’re getting on?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi , As it’s been a few months now I’m wondering if you’re still using it and how you’re getting on?
The answer is yes when the ground is dry and it is part of my pre round warming up.
Currently I am just keeping my self loose and working on strike. So it is very useful. I would also say if you can mix it with watching ball flight you will understand the windows of okay and not okay - and minor face adjustments will compensate and generate a shape of shot. So this is the most simplest of tools but probably one of the best in my opinion.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
mine just landed this morning, and dangerously got me to thinking... about punching a hole in the middle for a tee for the driver to see swing path?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
mine just landed this morning, and dangerously got me to thinking... about punching a hole in the middle for a tee for the driver to see swing path?
Do you ground your driver?
I suggest use it for your irons and your driver swing path will hopefully follow suit if you make changes

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What version are people using on driving range mats. I have a range local to me that has pretty poor mats due to being worn so hard to get feedback from visually. I’m wondering if this would help?

I would assume you would use the indoor one?

Answers on a postcard please