About the Weather...

Lerx

Hacker
Visit site
Talking about the weather is obviously a great British preoccupation so I thought I'd share this with you

Until I took up golf this summer I'd never really paid much attention to the weather forecast. Since I started playing I've obviously been interested in whether my weekend round would be rained off or the best time to sneak in a round etc. Anyway, what I have found is that the UK weather forecasting is actually amazingly accurate. I'd say it is correct more than 90% of the time when giving detailed predictions for the weather a day or two in advance.

For anyone with Iphone I'd recommend the Weather for Golf app. It gives hourly forecasts for the next 12 hours then 3 hourly forecasts for next 5 days. The app says it is powered by Met office app but it seems to give better info and allows you to set your home course plus a comparison with other . Only slight downside is that it has an in built advertisement.

Anyway I thought I'd share this with you since I am of an age where weather forecasting used to mean that if the forecaster said sun would be splitting the sky next day you would make sure you packed your welly boots! :rolleyes:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It gives hourly forecasts for the next 12 hours then 3 hourly forecasts for next 5 days. The app says it is powered by Met office app but it seems to give better info and allows you to set your home course plus a comparison with other .

But you are in Scotland.... rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold,... not exactly rocket science

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the great metropolis that is Watford, none of the main weather forecasters can get the next hour correct, let alone tomorrow.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a look at Metcheck, then the BBC and then Met Office.

I choose to believe the one that gives me the most chance of playing some golf that day.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use Metcheck, bbc, met office and a couple of others - none, despite using the same source info can agree, and none can get work out where I live (hence my location).

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
It gives hourly forecasts for the next 12 hours then 3 hourly forecasts for next 5 days. The app says it is powered by Met office app but it seems to give better info and allows you to set your home course plus a comparison with other .

But you are in Scotland.... rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold,... not exactly rocket science

But I am in Shropshire.... cold, rain, rain, rain, cold, rain, rain, cold, cold, rain, rain, rain, rain, SUN, rain, cold, cold

Much less predictable.

Actually, it reads like one of my scorecards..... par, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, birdie, bogey, par, par.....

HELP>

:)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Accuweather for me on the iPhone, daily forecast for the next 15 days and hourly for the next 24 hrs. Last week said rain at 1400 and again at 1600, it rained at 1415 only gripe was it didn't stop!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site

To clarify .......

In Scotland we get winter ... then July and back to winter .....

If yo want to know the weather look out the window.

I use this weather forecast equipment

CAKBMD0H.jpg

Lerx

Hacker
Visit site

Only for 364 days of the year hence the need for accurate forecasting to predict the one day with a modicum of sunshine :p

link80

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Short term, using sattelites etc. their predictions are accurate but long term predictions they don't know their arse from their elbow. Barbecue summer one day, wettest on record the next, indian summer, what happened to that?. I don't know why they bother.