A Number Of Firsts

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Despite the weather forecast, went out with Little Chubby Brother (Imurg) today

They said that the weather was going to be clearing about late morning, so at 10, Bro texts to say that its definately stopping, so I head on over and we Tee off about 11, its still drizzling, but nothing too bad.

After a couple of holes, the rain stops and although squelchy underfoot, its not too bad out there and we both play some decent stuff, for 19 points each on the front 9, Imurgs putter was on fire as he birdied the 9th and was sinking 10 footers all over the place, which was a good job as his FIR & GIR stats were awful

It started to rain a bit on the 11th, got heavier and by the 14th it was blowing a houlie, torrential horizontal rain and it was as dark as a really dark place, eventually we walked in, the Greens were flooding and it was silly.

First time I have ever walked in

The 2nd First....... I parred all the par 3's never done that before

We called it an Honourable Draw

Because the weather looked to be clearing up, i left my water proofs in the car, so had to change into those before driving home "commando". (Another First)

Just thought I would share :thup:

Fragger

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get over to Out of Bounds and your commando experience will go down a treat :thup:

I didn't even venture out to the range although skies clearing now it's dark!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly amazed you went out today and as much so that the course is open. Just done an hours kettlebell session in the rain and that was bad enough, have written golf off for the week here (you AP boys clearly built of sturdier stuff than those of us from AV lol)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hope your dinner sorts itself out Midnight

When we started, the greens were clear and only the odd bit of standing water on a few of the fairways, the drainage ditches were working overtime,

When we called it a day, the greens were flooding and there was so much standing water you could have sailed the QE2 up the 3rd

Still hoping to get out Friday,

Fragger

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Be interested to know if you get out Friday.

Got my first round in 5 weeks coming up on Saturday. Will not be pleased if the rain calls a halt to it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Should be ok by then Chris..the 6th will be very soft and don't be short on the 10th or 14th..
Was going out tomorrow but it's going to be so wet underfoot I'm not bothering.
Friday should ok - I hope. No rain due for a while..

Watch out next week - it's getting cold!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don;t blame you for walking in Phil. It was absolute rank this afternoon, I was doing a multi span wire renewal at a farm near Barton-le-clay, I could barely get my ladders up due to the wind, couldn't feel my fingers after the 2nd span and was almost at the point of saying balls to it and going home, only pure Northern grit saw me through.

Now sat in my boxers & socks typing this with the heating on full and a big mug of coffee.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
nah I put them on when I got in, big thick ones so my toes are nice and toasty. I am now adorning a dressing gown so Midnight can eat his dinner with a more palatable mental image :D