A golf lesson for everyone.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Almost ten years old, but a great lesson for everyone. It's only 5 minutes long, try and stick it out.

[video=youtube;JnZLsksrdMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZLsksrdMM[/video]

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Cabby, you're in breach of forum rules and will get an infraction pretty quickly if you insist on spreading these LIES.

Shiney things make you better.

End of.

;)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was hoping for something shattering here, but sadly I learnt nothing. Maybe this is why I buy so few clubs. If I hit a club well I would not think there is something magical in the club, but I would look as to why - maybe the shaft suits me better, the lie is perfect for my swing etc etc.

I think almost all golfers know what has been said in the video.....they know it deep down....but despite that they just want to believe there could be something extraordinary in there new one

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was hoping for something shattering here, but sadly I learnt nothing. Maybe this is why I buy so few clubs. If I hit a club well I would not think there is something magical in the club, but I would look as to why - maybe the shaft suits me better, the lie is perfect for my swing etc etc.

I think almost all golfers know what has been said in the video.....they know it deep down....but despite that they just want to believe there could be something extraordinary in there new one

Summed it up in a lot less than 5 minutes!

:thup::cheers::clap:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I find it hilarious, most obviously not all :ears: but most fall for it, myself included. For example, I'm just back to the game after a long lay off, I play with 18 year old irons, today I struck them very well, as well as I have since I've returned but they aren't new nor shiney and I want new and shiney, cause it'll shave a shot of my scores.....won't it...

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I agree with the central point of the video in that new equipment claims are exaggerated, it's interesting that it was made 10 years ago. There have clearly been some improvements in equipment performance since then.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Whilst I agree with the central point of the video in that new equipment claims are exaggerated, it's interesting that it was made 10 years ago. There have clearly been some improvements in equipment performance since then.

Whether its ten years or not it's still very relevant, last years drivers aren't suddenly rubbish, this years irons suddenly find every pin, that's the point, much like what Mark Crossfield says, it's the Indian not the arrow.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whether its ten years or not it's still very relevant, last years drivers aren't suddenly rubbish, this years irons suddenly find every pin, that's the point, much like what Mark Crossfield says, it's the Indian not the arrow.
It's is very relevant but in the video he says equipment has maxed out. There have been some improvements over the past 10 years since the video was made so clearly equipment had not maxed out.
I don't think anyone has said that yesterday's equipment is rubbish and its certainly the Indian and not the arrow. I still cannot get the ball around Wentworth under par like Seve could with equipment 20 years older than the gear I have nowadays. Somehow I get the feeling he could have beaten me playing left handed with a only a hickory shafted 4 iron.
As I see it, every so often the manufacturers do come up with a real improvement as has been discussed on here in the past. The art is identifying that new club from the melee of new clubs and accompanying claims of greater distances etc and of course if that club works for you.
I think people quite naturally want to give themselves the best chance when playing a difficult game. It's not unreasonable to arrive at the conclusion that the latest equipment will be better than that of say 10 years ago, especially in terms of forgiveness and therefore offer that best chance.
You are right when you say that players who simply buy the latest new clubs every year are not going to see much if any improvement purely because of their new clubs. However, I don't see many golfers who do this anymore, which may provide a clue as to why the Industry seems to be struggling.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm not long back to the game as I've said a couple of times and what I've found is an utterly bewildering amount of new stuff coming out what seems like every second week (exaggeration) TM for example, holy ****, how many drivers are they gonna come out with, and people believe the hype. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear as they say, no matter what you buy if you don't have the game for it, all new gear all the time ain't gonna make you the player.