A golf course with a decent practice area....please.....

Mandofred

Visit site
I was just whining. Wish my current club had a better area to practice in. You can barely use the left side of the area.....sloped towards the 10th fairway, so everything rolls that way and often down the hill onto that fairway. If there are more than 2 people total.....just a bit dangerous. All I ever use it for is to hit wedges....I can hit up to my hybrids as well as long as there isn't anybody else out there....probably about 180yds long. It could be worse though.....one of my last courses only had a strip of grass about 70yds long and about 10-15yds wide....and it went downhill and back up at the end.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
?????????????

they did used to do great parmos in the clubhouse though!
I always thought the clubhouse is the worst aspect of the club. Totally devoid of an atmosphere it's just a social club for the folk off the estate to show off their Gucci.

Oh! And the beer is expensive too.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I always thought the clubhouse is the worst aspect of the club. Totally devoid of an atmosphere it's just a social club for the folk off the estate to show off their Gucci.

Oh! And the beer is expensive too.
It’s certainly a hotel resort style clubhouse than a local one but the food had always been great. A few years since I’ve been though. The range was alway dreadful for me. Worn out matts and balls every time.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
My course (Horsforth) has built a new practice area and a driving range so I'm looking forward to that from this spring ??

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My course (Horsforth) has built a new practice area and a driving range so I'm looking forward to that from this spring ??

Serious question, do the planes not get on your tatties - especially in the summer?

Great course but the noise from the airport would do my heed in.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Serious question, do the planes not get on your tatties - especially in the summer?

Great course but the noise from the airport would do my heed in.

To be honest there's not that many taking off or landing, you can go rounds without hearing anything. But yeah it is noisy when you do. Sometimes it's just a welcome distraction though! ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To be honest there's not that many taking off or landing, you can go rounds without hearing anything. But yeah it is noisy when you do. Sometimes it's just a welcome distraction though! ?

I’m gonna take the boy up there when the weather is better. He’ll love watching the planes come in while he’s hacking it round.