a few question

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
how tight are you suppossed to hold a olf club?

Is there a different Grip woods,hybrids and irons?

I have heard you grip a golf club like a tube of toothpaste, without the toothpaste coming out, but i find my grip is quite loose to start then I tighten it up as frightened of letting go of the club.

Stop the slice?

Also Ive just bought a ping g5 driver and slice it quite alot, so I turn my club face in and strike to ball of the left hand side of the club face to compensate this. I now hit it right to left and don't seem to have much control of the ball and loosing distance.

cheers for any advice

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
At least you seem to have taught yourself how to hit a nice draw! lol

I personally grip the club like a tube of toohtpaste, but like you find myself gripping tighter through my downswing, not too tight though.

I'm sure someone a lot more knowledgable than me will be along shortly to give you some advice....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The idea is to have a gentle grip on the club. If it's too tight, that will transfer tension into the arms and shoulders.....not good. Try a waggle before you swing to release the tension in the arms.
As for the slice, go and see your local pro.
An offset driver will help a LITTLE but you need to fix the swing path and clubface position at impact to cure the slice.
By the way, most new people to golf slice, so you're not alone