A few good days of golf..

V

vkurup

Had a good few days of golf in the last few days

1) Played Bearwood Lakes GC - Top 100 courses in the country on a member invite. The club champ joined us too!!
2) Beat a BLGC host (11 HC) at BLGC by 1 point for some lemonade
3) Got beaten by BLGC club champion who is a 1 HC by 1 point. Was ahead at the turn but then played like a true muppet on some really beautiful holes on the back 9
4) Played Captain+Vice Captain better ball challenge at my club and scored more than them. C+VC = 39 points; We did 42; some other team did 45.
5) Teamed up with a 16 HC to beat a team of young and strong 11 & 7HCers guys by 2 points at the C+VC challenge incl a superb birdie on 17th.
6) Nearly got beaten by a 60+ year old 24HC lady while playing a 9 hole away matchplay. She won the first 3 holes and then had to scramble to beat her on the 9th
7) Survived a small scare but beat her husband when we went out for another 9 holes
8) (Best bits) Was amused to see Jr hit 60 balls on the range. Then went and 'played' 3 holes on our main course with him. Score was irrelevant, but it was a blast. Finally had to drag him away from the club. He has been playing with wiffle balls in the garden after school and I dont think I will need to mow the lawn this summer.

Only in golf can you play a range of courses with people of all ages of different abilities and still wont know if you will win or lose... I love this game..

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good to see a really positive thread,hope no one spoils it.
No other game like golf for such a range of ways to enjoy "swish and sod it".
Dewsweeper