A few firsts

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
  1. Two years after getting my HC I got my first cut, not massive only 0.4 back, but it's a cut and I'm chuffed to bits, still off 21, but I got cut.
  2. For the first time in 15 months I broke 90, granted it was an 89. but it felt really good.
  3. Scored my highest stableford total, with 38 points, chuffed with that as well.
  4. Finished in the top 10 (6th) for the first time
  5. And it's only a little thing, but I get to change the colour of my HC number in my signature to green for the first time.

It could've been a whole load better, but on the positive side and in hindsight I thought my way around the course, I wasn't to greedy with the 50/50 shots, e.g. 160yds to the green, so over the tree to the green or layup short to the side of the tree and chip on, I laid up. When in trees, which was only once all round, instead of going for the Seve shot under and through, played out onto the nearest fairway to give a clear shot to the green.

Just a shame it's all coming together as the season draws to a close, I might get one more comp in next Saturday, if I can get someone to cover my on-call, if not that's the season over, but either way I'm happy as a pig in poop, all I've wanted for 2yrs is to get a cut and that monkey is finally off my back.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done !

Keep playing sensible golf and you'll often break 90, then onwards to low 80's ......... and on and, hopefully under 80

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First steps Mate.....
Always difficult to halt a slide but now you've done it you know you can do it again
Keep at it