95% Calculation to go?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to bring this up again, and thanks to those who helped out when I originally asked it. I think the mixed tee angle might be the source of confusion at our club but I can't find out why so was hoping if anyone on here would know where to find the answer.

Basically we run competitions almost every Saturday and each competition has three separate sections: Men's (white tees), seniors (yellow tees) and ladies (red tees). There are individual prizes for each section and NO combined competition or element whatsoever. Is it likely or even possible that the competition could be being set up as a mixed tee comp behind the scenes due to a misunderstanding of that term and, if so, could that result in some funky goings on with handicaps? Ie my example of a 5.2 index getting a playing handicap of 7 rather than 6 (course rating 70.8, slope 1.30)?
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head, should be set up as three different comps if there are three sets of prizes IMO.

wjemather

Visit site
It would certainly be better to set it up as three competitions, but it will not in any way affect an individual's handicap calculation.
Playing handicaps would be affected if the 3 comps are setup on the system either as a single combined comp OR as individual comps with all available tees selected (even if everyone plays from the same tees); the same mixed tee adjustments would applied in both scenarios.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing handicaps would be affected if the 3 comps are setup on the system either as a single combined comp OR as individual comps with all available tees selected (even if everyone plays from the same tees); the same mixed tee adjustments would applied in both scenarios.
So if we’re asked to select the tee we’re playing from on the Scottish golf app - which I think is the case - that would further suggest that I’m on the right track?

wjemather

Visit site
So if we’re asked to select the tee we’re playing from on the Scottish golf app - which I think is the case - that would further suggest that I’m on the right track?
Sounds like that could be it, but I don't know the ins and outs of the SG system and app to say for sure.