7 & 5 irons going the same distances after lessons

philsh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had a couple of lessons and got another one on wednesday and i'm hitting the ball alot better but I seem to be still having the same issues. Still hitting 7 and 5 iron the same distance. Been the range and hitting both clubs the same distance. I'm finding the 6 easier to hit and its going further than the 5. The ball is going alot straighter and straight most of the time. I have started hitting the driver much better, gained more distance so very very happy as with my new driver had lost distance but now gained about 20yards if hit it sweet which i'm doing alot at the min.

It's on my mind do I drop my 5 iron and go for a 4/5 hybrid as I have a 3 hybrid and hit that well but have a gap as don't get on with the 5 iron. I am gonna mention it on wednesday and see what he says was just after the experts thoughts.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If your 7,6 and 5 are all from the same set and you can hit your 7 and 6 ok, then you CAN hit your 5 ok too. It's all in the mind.

philsh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
what is de-lofting? I'll get a lie and loft check done on wednesday.

Edit: Just googled de-lofting and don't feel i'm doing that. When I pick up the 5 iron I do have a wee bit of dread for some reason.

Last edited: