5 wood suggestions

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes that left bunker is a pain, it’s why I dropped to the 5 wood, I guaranteed not going in but was well up for a go at the green.
15th is long it’s geography makes it feel long but I think left side is safe and if the tee shot puts you on the right a 2nd aimed up the left will see you okay. But yes the second shot is or has to be big!
did you find the Alta a little whippy ?
Sounds odd but I can't really put my finger on why but it just felt wrong......:unsure:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Loft up a 410 3 wood and you can get it to 16° but it closes the face quite a bit
You can counter that by using the loft sleeve to flatten the lie.
It works a bit but I still had the lefts with it.
5 wood delofted opens the face a tad and at 16.5° is spot on for me.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any views on the Mizuno st190 they seem to be quite low in price brand new... I cannot any negative reviews

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I liked my TS2 5 wood but it just popped the ball up too much, went back to my 917 5 wood instead.
If I was buying again, I’d look for a lower spinning 5 wood, launch is not the issue with that much loft. Spin kills with this sort of club

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve been using a Mizuno ST200. It was a Golf Depot punt and it worked out well! The 19 degree loft worked well for my gapping and I’ve found it forgiving off both the tee and the deck.

Others have mentioned the SIM Max too. I have this as a 3 wood and got it for a bargain using the eBay discount codes a while back. This is also incredibly easy off the tee and deck so I’d assume the 5 wood is the same.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still using the R11s 5 wood, it just goes so well I cant replace it. Needs a new headcover though, 9 years have been harsh on it.:whistle:
I think that’s it, find one and it stays.
current home bag has a rogue in, but it’s a little tweaked. I think I like low spin ones