5 wood suggestions

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right I might be in the market for a 5 wood. I’ll consider anything from 2014 onwards .. must have a reputation as a forgiving beast !
The 5 wood for me is a secondary tee club and a par 5 reducer so I will play it off the deck mostly. Not afraid of low spin heads as this is a club I will hit probably the hardest in my bag.

D

Deleted member 23344

I have a Cobra F-Max which I swear by ... but it is designed for players with a slow swing speed, so probably not for anyone who is not a senior.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Have you tried it off the tee at hole 12 ? Par 5? Mine used to get me on the downslope of the ripple and then it would bound on ?
Did you stick with the Alta CB shaft?
Ah...use driver on that hole...gets me down to the bunker on the left or even past it. It nearly got me on the 15th in 2 yesterday..
I've got the Evenflow Blue, never really got on with the Alta in other 410s I've tried.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah...use driver on that hole...gets me down to the bunker on the left or even past it. It nearly got me on the 15th in 2 yesterday..
I've got the Evenflow Blue, never really got on with the Alta in other 410s I've tried.
Yes that left bunker is a pain, it’s why I dropped to the 5 wood, I guaranteed not going in but was well up for a go at the green.
15th is long it’s geography makes it feel long but I think left side is safe and if the tee shot puts you on the right a 2nd aimed up the left will see you okay. But yes the second shot is or has to be big!
did you find the Alta a little whippy ?