43yrs ago today

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I was 15 and the family was on holiday in a caravan in Bude Cornwall.

Listened to Radio Luxembourg on an old tranny under the bedclothes ( I’ve just read that back and it sounds terribly un-pc)

That’s when I heard the news. Tony Prince was in tears , played non stop elvis all night

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was balanced on a chair doing some painting above a door when the news came on the radio. I got off feeling all shook up.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at school and wondered why loads of the girls were inexplicably crying, not just in my class but all around the school
It did seem to affect the ladies. I was at uni at the time. Never liked Elvis so couldn't care less, but my girlfriend at the time was pretty upset about it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Remember that morning very clearly. My brother and I had holiday jobs in a hotel in Pitlochry and we were staying in digs with a mum and her daughters. The eldest girl of the family was an Elvis fan and that morning at breakfast she was in floods of tears. I was never a huge fan but remember the morning and her tears.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I was 15 and the family was on holiday in a caravan in Bude Cornwall.

Listened to Radio Luxembourg on an old tranny under the bedclothes ( I’ve just read that back and it sounds terribly un-pc)

That’s when I heard the news. Tony Prince was in tears , played non stop elvis all night

I was 13 and also had Radio Luxembourg on a tiny radio under my pillow when the news broke. Remember it clearly.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Earlier in the day I watched a trawler get stuck on the rocks just outside Lossiemouth harbour, then in the evening I was writing a poem about snakes whilst listening to the radio and hearing the news.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to make all of you feel better, I wasn't even a tingle in my old man's trousers when he died.. You're welcome oldies ;-)