400 Yard par 5s for Ladies

Bobthesock

Visit site
I only found out since WHS came in that the handicaps are difference for ladies and men, I would have thought that someone playing off a set off tees shoot 8 x 100 as their best 8, should have had the same handicap regardless of gender, then each tee set only has to be rated once, what is the reason for the difference
Equal opportunities, to make it a level playing field

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I only found out since WHS came in that the handicaps are difference for ladies and men, I would have thought that someone playing off a set off tees shoot 8 x 100 as their best 8, should have had the same handicap regardless of gender, then each tee set only has to be rated once, what is the reason for the difference
The physical ability of men as opposed to women. In essence most men are inherently able to hit the ball further than women.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not me these days :(
That reminded me of a magical moment when I took two young England Girl Internationalists down to a well known West of England course for a practice round before their Championship
Somewhere just past the turn a group of seniors started walking from the clubhouse across the fairway to our next tee .
Two completely ignoring us as we waited to play our second shots.
About a dozen were waiting on the tee and one said to me I suppose we had better let you and the young boys play through. [Both girls had stylish mullets:love:]
I said that I was the only young lad in the group [I was mid 40's]
A wave of displeasure was clearly heard from the group.
We tee off from the men's yellow tees which causes another wave of displeasure

First girl smashed a 230 drive down the middle....followed by a dozen gasps.
Second girl does likewise followed by.....applause and and chatter.
Pressure now firmly on the old guy who manages to match the girls.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That reminded me of a magical moment when I took two young England Girl Internationalists down to a well known West of England course for a practice round before their Championship
Somewhere just past the turn a group of seniors started walking from the clubhouse across the fairway to our next tee .
Two completely ignoring us as we waited to play our second shots.
About a dozen were waiting on the tee and one said to me I suppose we had better let you and the young boys play through. [Both girls had stylish mullets:love:]
I said that I was the only young lad in the group [I was mid 40's]
A wave of displeasure was clearly heard from the group.
We tee off from the men's yellow tees which causes another wave of displeasure

First girl smashed a 230 drive down the middle....followed by a dozen gasps.
Second girl does likewise followed by.....applause and and chatter.
Pressure now firmly on the old guy who manages to match the girls.
6.5 hours DFT we have been held in suspense. Please tell us you smashed it 280!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
6.5 hours DFT we have been held in suspense. Please tell us you smashed it 280!

Read that last line again.;)
Three balls in the middle of the fairway I think I played the second shots last as I recall being pissed off with the guys crossing the fairway.
The girls were about 14/15 years old, one was a British age group champion [twice], a judo brown belt and a serious hitter of a golf ball.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Read that last line again.;)
Three balls in the middle of the fairway I think I played the second shots last as I recall being pissed off with the guys crossing the fairway.
The girls were about 14/15 years old, one was a British age group champion [twice], a judo brown belt and a serious hitter of a golf ball.
Not someone to upset then!