40 putts

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
40. Count them - 4.0.

Four 3-putts on the front 9, all from inside 25 feet. Handful of 2-putts from 8 feet or so. The only 1-putt I had all day was from 1 inch after a particularly good (if I say it myself) bunker shot.

I am a terrible putter :angry:

Last edited:

Neddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had 45 the other week and I am normally a reasonable putter. If it's a regular occurance, worry about it. If not...we all have bad days

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How many of the first putts on the green where short? If most, get it to the hole. 3 foot short is worst than 3 foot past.

So many golfers are short with most putts - get it up there. If most are past, then possibly too aggressive.

I get 80% to the hole, but last year were not getting enough coming back as I was 3-4 foot past.

I am now getting a happy medium again.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Putting's not the best part of my game but it's not usually THAT bad. I'll just have to get some practise done.

Most of the 3-putts came from running the first effort miles past, which put me under pressure because I holed nothing from inside from 6 feet. It's the first putt that's killing me.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Putting's not the best part of my game but it's not usually THAT bad. I'll just have to get some practise done.

Most of the 3-putts came from running the first effort miles past, which put me under pressure because I holed nothing from inside from 6 feet. It's the first putt that's killing me.

So it's distance control that's your problem?
Do you have a wristy putting stroke or do you move your lower half much?

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
41 today, 24 out, 17 in - including a four putt on a GIR. What a disaster of a double bogey that was. That didn't eve include the number of off-green putts I had (probably another 3 or 4 to add to that total).

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I holed everything back 9 or if not it was a foot past. front 9 I was short wqith everything, had a word with myself and instead of my usual few practice strokes I just took 1, had a quick look again then went for it. The brain is awesome at working stuff out from a simple visual glance. We just tend to bog it down with too much extra info :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In my head, neither ;)

I don't think it's wristy but I can't say I've given much thought to my lower half. I'm not conscious of it moving but I honestly don't know.

Try this ...
Stand with a chair behind you and just rest your rear gainst it.
Then make your stroke keeping the pressure even on both cheeks on the chair.
That will keep your lower half still

[video=youtube;vsTLHVK9DqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTLHVK9DqY[/video]