none?
most people suggested 18 hole and a par 3 9 hole
but we definately looking for full 18 and pqr 3 18
anyone help
cheers

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've been to several places that have a 9-hole par 3 course attached. I've never seen anybody playing on the par 3 course and I have never done so either.
What is the point of them?
When playing a normal 18 holes, once you are within striking distance of the green, you are playing a par 3.
Effectively 18 par 3s every time.

sunshine

Visit site
I've been to several places that have a 9-hole par 3 course attached. I've never seen anybody playing on the par 3 course and I have never done so either.
What is the point of them?
When playing a normal 18 holes, once you are within striking distance of the green, you are playing a par 3.
Effectively 18 par 3s every time.

Generally easier
Good for beginners
Fun

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Generally easier
Good for beginners
Fun
All three are true.

But accessibility with particular regard to cost for the very early beginners is rarely at a suitable level.
From personal experience, I believe pitch-and-putt, with holes varying from 40 to 100 yards fits the above 3 criteria and the costs can be kept down to increase participation.
But good quality pitch and putt courses are very rare in this country.
For many experienced golfers, the experience of a game of pitch and putt shows them where most of their weakness are and what they need to do to lower their handicap.
Many are truly scared of a game of pitch and putt. This is why I think it is a great game. It really does show the difference between good skilful golfers and poor ones.
Nine standard length par-3s though, no big deal and a bit of a waste of space and waste of maintenance cost as an add-on to a 18, 27 or 36 hole complex.
I have discussed this with many folks, so I already know that a huge majority disagree with me.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Sysonby Acres in Melton Mowbray, then a few minutes drive to Melton Mowbray Golf Club,

First few years as a youngster, I used to play at that par 3. My nine year old daughter has started playing about a year ago and Oakmere has recently opened a par 3 course. It’s absolutely perfect for juniors, I find it more valuable than range sessions too.

sunshine

Visit site
All three are true.

But accessibility with particular regard to cost for the very early beginners is rarely at a suitable level.
From personal experience, I believe pitch-and-putt, with holes varying from 40 to 100 yards fits the above 3 criteria and the costs can be kept down to increase participation.
But good quality pitch and putt courses are very rare in this country.
For many experienced golfers, the experience of a game of pitch and putt shows them where most of their weakness are and what they need to do to lower their handicap.
Many are truly scared of a game of pitch and putt. This is why I think it is a great game. It really does show the difference between good skilful golfers and poor ones.
Nine standard length par-3s though, no big deal and a bit of a waste of space and waste of maintenance cost as an add-on to a 18, 27 or 36 hole complex.
I have discussed this with many folks, so I already know that a huge majority disagree with me.

I agree with this sentiment. Pitch and putt is a lot of fun, and more accessible than a full length par 3 course, especially for children.

oleinone

Visit site
If you are ever near Salou in Spain, Infinitum has two 18 holes - Hills and Lakes plus a 9 which is not just par 3s - all are top notch.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We have a par 30 - 9 hole course in addition to the 2x18 holers, all greens built to USGA standards - think it's 9 quid for 9 holes for visitors and it's really popular.

Me and the youth play it pretty often, especially in winter when we don't have time for a full 18.