36 Hole Scratch Comp Tee Times

jiggins

Visit site
If entering a 36 hole scratch golf competition, with only a 1 tee start (1st only), 50+ entrants, what time would you expect the first tee time for the first group to be? Event being played middle of the summer. I have entered expecting the tee time to be 7.30am, but its 8.20!

The gap between rounds is 4hrs 40mins, which is very fair.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If entering a 36 hole scratch golf competition, with only a 1 tee start (1st only), 50+ entrants, what time would you expect the first tee time for the first group to be? Event being played middle of the summer. I have entered expecting the tee time to be 7.30am, but its 8.20!

That seems about right , you will prob get around 30-60 mins for food in between and plenty of daylight nowb

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We normally have a start time which allows those that want to warm up to have time to do so. Our first tee time is 8.30 a.m..
Our driving range opens only opens a short time before our normal Ist tee time.

ntommo

Visit site
We close the course from about one hour before (about 0700) and go out in 3s (low handicap order) usually first tee time at 0800 and should only take 3.5 hrs.' max, in for a bite and back out again

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

How many players in a group?

jiggins

Visit site
We close the course from about one hour before (about 0700) and go out in 3s (low handicap order) usually first tee time at 0800 and should only take 3.5 hrs.' max, in for a bite and back out again
I'm hoping that play will be quick and we are able to start the second round before 4 hrs 40 mins. The order is opposite to that, with lowest out last (as you'd expect one of the lowest to be winning) so they are there for prize giving.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
our low handicaps go out last as it is expected the winner will come from one of the lower handicaps.
As it is only a gross comp we do not normally get mid to high handicap players in it.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Most of our 36 hole scratch events start at 8am (1 tee start) and have a limit of 60 players. So don't see a problem with a 50 player field commencing at 8:20. Why do you ask?

jiggins

Visit site
Most of our 36 hole scratch events start at 8am (1 tee start) and have a limit of 60 players. So don't see a problem with a 50 player field commencing at 8:20. Why do you ask?
Playing Sunday in an Open, and just felt like the tee times are later than in other comps I've played in over the years.

jiggins

Visit site
What's the likely handicap range? <10 should get round in less than 4.15
Max Handicap Index is 8.7 - famous words should, I've played in scratch comps over the years where rounds have taken close to 5 hours - Even worse when its a 2 tee start, and your first of the first - had time for a pint after 9 holes!

3 jabber

Visit site
If this is an open event then it seems reasonable to start a bit later as competitors may have lengthy travel times to get there.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Max Handicap Index is 8.7 - famous words should, I've played in scratch comps over the years where rounds have taken close to 5 hours - Even worse when its a 2 tee start, and your first of the first - had time for a pint after 9 holes!
Will there be any marshals (or even referees)/