300+. How many of you...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
When i took up the game in the 70's most players lifted their heel, and it seemed to be expected. Everyone wanted to swing like Jack Nicklaus. I never did as i it didn't come naturally. These days it seems that the majority keep their heel down, so perhaps i was ahead of my time. ;)

Would be nice if replies to threads could be more relevant, instead of a lot of the same old regurgitated rubbish. :( :( :(

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far, everyone. I have had a few practice swings in my back garden this morning trying to keep my heel down. Boy does it feel awkward. I've got some video footage of my swing from when I took up the game again last year so I will see if I can get it uploaded on YouTube or something and see what you all reckon.

Perhaps this one move could be the secret of 300 yard drives. Light blue touchpaper....... :D

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far, everyone. I have had a few practice swings in my back garden this morning trying to keep my heel down. Boy does it feel awkward. I've got some video footage of my swing from when I took up the game again last year so I will see if I can get it uploaded on YouTube or something and see what you all reckon.

Perhaps this one move could be the secret of 300 yard drives. Light blue touchpaper....... :D

I didnt actually think about it this morning, probably cos it was blowing a hooly so concentrating on staying upright! Need to find out this week.

Have you hit any balls comparing both ways?

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I didnt actually think about it this morning, probably cos it was blowing a hooly so concentrating on staying upright! Need to find out this week.

Have you hit any balls comparing both ways?

No. I have only been thinking about it the last couple of days having spent a while looking at a load of tour pros slow motion swings on YouTube. Nearly all of them keep the left foot grounded on the backswing so I figured if it is good enough for them then I ought to consider it. I hit the ball reasonably well but still manage to hit a couple of real clangers every round so if it sharpens up my ball striking then I reckon I ought to give it a go.
My plan is to experiment on Sunday afternoon at my local course. Providing no-one is looking I will have a bash (literally, maybe!) and I will report back.