3 club competition

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club plays a 3 club challenge where a putter isn't mandatory. It was last weekend. Driver, 7i, 50° for me.
I'd prob go 7i, 50°, putter if I had to.

One of my pals is dead against such comps. I quite enjoy the challenge. It's a bit of fun when good scores are unlikely anyway because of the conditions so, with an unlimited golf membership, I see no harm in having a little fun.
Which one did you putt with? I can totally picture myself trying to be clever like that, then missing every 3 footer all day and deeply regretting my decision. :LOL:

RichA

Visit site
Which one did you putt with? I can totally picture myself trying to be clever like that, then missing every 3 footer all day and deeply regretting my decision. :LOL:
50°. I quite often putt with a wedge blade, when I'm too lazy to go and get the putter from my bag. A one-handed backhand putt with the toe is also a good trick shot from inside 6 feet.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would use my Powerbilt oversize perimeter weighted 2-iron. I have less trouble with knocked down shots with this than say a 4-wood or hybrid.
Then, similar to Orikoru, something around 41°. That could be a 7, 8 or 9-iron depending on which set it comes from.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
3 clubs and a putter i can live with...driving club, mid iron, short iron....
2 plus putter and I'd probably stay in the bar......
#callmescroogeifyoulikeidontcare

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have 3 club like this where one club must be a putter. I tend to go 24 hybrid ( only time I use this club) 9 iron or PW , if you can guarantee to stay out of the pot bunkers you can get away with something less with loft,but if you do go in one or two that can be score over trying to get out a steep faced bunker with a 7 iron.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Leighton Buzzard does 3 club comp for captain's drive in.

You have to have a putter, the other two I used this year were PW and 4h, I won the competition (which was only over 12 holes due to the weather) and I scored 28 points with 3 birdies and 1 blob ?