3+ / 3deep woods

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm looking for a lower lofted 3 wood, I know Callaway did a range of these 3deep / 3+ woods - I can only see a Steelhead XR available at the moment.

Any other manufacturers doing something similar? Maybe a 13 degree 3 wood?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping do a 3 Wood Stretch in the G400 range, it's a 13 degree 3 wood with a bigger head than the standard G400 3 wood.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm looking for a lower lofted 3 wood, I know Callaway did a range of these 3deep / 3+ woods - I can only see a Steelhead XR available at the moment.

Titleist did a 13 deg adjustable 3 wood, and Mizuno had a 630 in 13 deg as well they.

Callaway Xhot pro, did it in 12 and 14 deg, i think it was great club, but i found it went the same distance as my driver most of the time. i had no trouble off the deck with it but a couple of others who had them around the same time did.

also a few of the adjustable 3 woods can be cranked down to 13.5 and upto 17.5, well my 850 can

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site

I have a Callaway X Hot 2 3 deep (14.5 degree) which is in very good condition. May be tempted to sell if price is right.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ping also did the Anser 3 wood which was 14.5 degrees and adjustable between 14 and 15 degrees. I have one in my garage which I could be tempted to part with for a sensible offer ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Epic and Rogue lines have a 13° 3+, XR 16 line had one as well.
Food for thought..
These are aimed at the "better" player and tend to sit slightly open rather than square.
Might be what you're after but worth considering

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I use the 917 version. Set at 12.75. Have noticed no loss compared to my driver. In fact the average of my drives has imporoved as i duff a lot less.

It took a while to get used to, but I think that was more a mentality thing as I was trying to hammer every shot.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Look for a Ping Rapture 13 degree, one of these....

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/reviews/drivers/ping-rapture-3-wood

They are simply stunning performers that came out around the time that Callaway and TM released their original MiniDrivers….only trouble is the Ping was vastly overpriced circa £400 compared to the competition....but you can pick excellent condition examples up for around £200 now.....they really are magnificent clubs off both the tee and the deck...ridiculously easy to hit (and I had both the TM and Callaway mini drivers and neither of them were great perfomers off the fairway).

Although the model is 4 or so years old they were well ahead of their time technology wise - I've heard that it was that the design bods that went to PXG when it was setup who were the folks behind the Rapture.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Adams XTD TI

Adjustable 1.5* either way, which is what I have done with the 2 I use! Plenty forgiving too! Standard Matrix shaft (real) is very good too!