20th of May, Wentworth

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does anyone else know if they're holding a Pro-Celebrity/Amateur day at Wentworth next Wednesday, prior to the BMW PGA Championship?

I went last year and it was excellent. The free entry and free parking was just the start of it. The pros all seemed relaxed and having a laugh, plus plenty of celebs were playing. (Lots of people were following Brucie, but he wasn't having a great day of it.)

Anyone else going?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I may be going at some point but probably not on the Wednesday. Pro-Am day at most events though is usually a freebie and a chance to see pros up close without huge crowds and in a relaxed frame of mind. Always good to see a celeb (especially those with self-inflated egos) hit a bad one and remind yourself they are the same as you and me

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
i'm not going on the wednesday but am going on the sunday with a mate. . . never been to one so don't know what to expect but saves me using up alot of sky + with the live coverage & Golf Night. . . the Girlfriend loves when she can't sky + katie & Peter andre : stateside because of all the golf haha :D

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all
pro am winners were one reader from Hampshire and one from Norwich. they'll be playing with Neil Tappin from GM and some bloke called Rory McIlroy!
come along and watch them

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hi all
pro am winners were one reader from Hampshire and one from Norwich. they'll be playing with Neil Tappin from GM and some bloke called Rory McIlroy!
come along and watch them

No need to check my inbox then :mad:

Thanks for the reply though :)

Regards...

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I might be there? Depends if I can get it off work. I have a week long full members pass, however, like Homer said I might be barred after the first days drinking session.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
...a chance to see pros up close without huge crowds and in a relaxed frame of mind.
That was the best thing really...never more than 10 or 20 people surrounding a tee to watch a pro tee off. At some tees I was the only person watching!! :)