2022 World Cup.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm sure they'll still have their open bus parade if they draw 0-0 with England.

Wales have embarrassed themselves in this tournament really. Did well to qualify, but they'll have their heads hung low when they get home, unless the miraculous happens.
Tbf, they've tried their best, but not really been up to much.
No particular shame in that. It wasn't like they were the Scots trotting off to Argentina in '78 thinking they were going to win it....

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’m just creasing myself sat here ???

Attachments

• B3687AA5-B543-4664-B503-1F7866345AE7.jpeg
    B3687AA5-B543-4664-B503-1F7866345AE7.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 38

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Well, you can tell I played my football in the 50s and 60s?. Now you’re only allowed to touch ‘em if you use your hands to pull opponents down! That ok,eh?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Am I a bad person for laughing?

Tuesday night at the O2 Rod Stewart said how well the Welsh had done and had a bit of banter with the English fans about only beating a pub team.

I’d love to be there again tonight to hear what he has to say about what the pub team did to Wales… ???

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought the ref wasnt the best, so many poor tackles from the Iranians too that should have been bookings.
I'd have much rather seen a Wales win than the horrid nation that is Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m just creasing myself sat here ???

Could still happen. If USA beat England tonight and Iran v USA ends in a draw a Wales win over England would knock England out of the World Cup.

EDIT - If USA beat England tonight any result apart from a USA win against Iran, coupled with a Wales win over England would knock England out.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ah Wales…how late…how late… but Iran…we Scots know well about playing Iran and thinking a win was, if not a certainty, on the cards if the team played as it could. But back then Scotland didn’t…and sadly today neither really did Wales. But there’s always the England scalp to go hunting for.?

Swango1980

Visit site
Could still happen. If USA beat England tonight and Iran v USA ends in a draw a Wales win over England would knock England out of the World Cup.

EDIT - If USA beat England tonight any result apart from a USA win against Iran, coupled with a Wales win over England would knock England out.
I think the Welsh would be hoping for England to thrash USA? It then means that England will not necessarily be giving 100% in the game against Wales. If Wales win that, they end up on 4 points. If USA then get a draw or win against Iran, then Wales go through on goal difference (i.e. either USA 2 points, Iran 4 points; or USA 4 points, Iran 3 points)?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This is just the sort of game in which Pulisic might actually turn up…

If he's all we've got to worry about, I'm not worried at all!

Let them deal with Saka, Kane and Sterling for 60 mins then throw in Grealish, Foden and Rashford/ Wilson for fresh legs. Easy W and into the knockouts we go ;):sneaky:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
It really shows that the people of Qatar wanted the world cup, just look at the empty seats in today's game with Senegal, if the Qatar public were football oriented they would have those seats full. But no it's just the corrupted FIFA and qatari fa paying for the priveledge of hosting .
Really really poor

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd give Spain some credit as well. Those 4 have probably been the stand out teams so far. Argentina will be under pressure now, and Germany will be seriously worried, given they still have to play Spain on Sunday evening and pretty much need to win (especially if Japan get a result in the morning)

Never saw any of the Spain game but yes they must have played well and that score line suggests they must be in with a chance.