2020, what’s your highlight

U

User62651

Pass........ Next question. ?

Seriously just a nothing year, totally uneventful spent just trying and failing to not catch covid.
Financial stress, work (lack of) stress, cabin fever.
No golf, no skiing, no summer holiday, just lots of dog walking.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Errrr... I can't think of anything. I guess not having to get up at the crack of dawn to travel into London each morning - and saving money in the process - was a highlight.

My Sunday footy team had a great cup run last season reaching the County Cup quarter finals. And then this season in December, we reached the division cup final as well.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously a messed up year but I’m going to pick a recent moment from the evening of December 29th. The family had gone out for a night time walk in the snow, hours away from a full moon with clear skies and the intention of observing Jupiter and Saturn from a local hilltop. As it turned out the south west cloud cover stopped us from seeing the planets (again!) but it was on the north easterly walk back to car where we’d stopped to admire the moonlight that a meteor (shooting star) exploded into perfect view. The best I’ve ever seen and possibly ever likely to see, a comparatively slow moving fireball with stunning trail and afterglow. I leapt clear off the ground in joy, it was stunning.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Obviously a messed up year but I’m going to pick a recent moment from the evening of December 29th. The family had gone out for a night time walk in the snow, hours away from a full moon with clear skies and the intention of observing Jupiter and Saturn from a local hilltop. As it turned out the south west cloud cover stopped us from seeing the planets (again!) but it was on the north easterly walk back to car where we’d stopped to admire the moonlight that a meteor (shooting star) exploded into perfect view. The best I’ve ever seen and possibly ever likely to see, a comparatively slow moving fireball with stunning trail and afterglow. I leapt clear off the ground in joy, it was stunning.
Awesome!!