2020, what’s your highlight

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In what has been a massive anus Horriblus. There must be a few highlights of the year be that golf related or not.

For me counting £5,560 of RBL poppy appeal money a. Ouple of weeks ago and eventually managing to get in the bank was up there.

For Missis T, schooling the kids and seeing them play on the back garden was hers.

So what’s yours

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Seeing how my kids, aged 14 and 17, have taken such a positive view of the pandemic, played by the rules, been responsible and hardly moaned once about what a crap year it’s been. I know they haven’t found it easy, and can’t begin to say how proud I am of the pair of them.

(Oh, and winning Winter League as well ?).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally seeing the WHS in.

So much of my year has been spent doing all the work for it at our club that it has been a great relief to finally relax and just play (up until today).

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Seeing how my kids, aged 14 and 17, have taken such a positive view of the pandemic, played by the rules, been responsible and hardly moaned once about what a crap year it’s been. I know they haven’t found it easy, and can’t begin to say how proud I am of the pair of them.

(Oh, and winning Winter League as well ?).
Earlier in the year I'd joke with our boys that they'd been training for the lockdown for some time - running their 'social life' from their bedrooms with headset on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine is easy - making the ladder lift in the fire service assessment day. Failed it twice so last chance and still had some doubt despite working hard at the gym. When I lifted that awkward, heavy, cumbersome chunk of metal over my head I felt like Superwoman. The rush of adrenaline was something else and I wanted to run around screaming at the top of my voice but played it cool and strolled away! Glanced at the Watch Commander, who had seen my fail the second time when I was really close, and he gave me a surreptitious thumbs up...

One of my proudest moments ever but had to focus as still had tests to do, which I'd passed previously, but had to again as all have to be passed on the same day.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Mine is easy - making the ladder lift in the fire service assessment day. Failed it twice so last chance and still had some doubt despite working hard at the gym. When I lifted that awkward, heavy, cumbersome chunk of metal over my head I felt like Superwoman. The rush of adrenaline was something else and I wanted to run around screaming at the top of my voice but played it cool and strolled away! Glanced at the Watch Commander, who had seen my fail the second time when I was really close, and he gave me a surreptitious thumbs up...

One of my proudest moments ever but had to focus as still had tests to do, which I'd passed previously, but had to again as all have to be passed on the same day.
Well done Amanda ?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The birth of our first granddaughter back in May, tempered by the fact she is in Australia and our trip out there so see her was cancelled so we are now watching her grow up on FaceTime!

Hopefully late 2021 we might get the chance to go out there.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seeing the pics of the babies above was pretty good! (congrats folks!)

Playing the Bideford Bay Open in the summer after lockdown was great.... I had a pint in a pub on Westward Ho! Prom too! :)

I have to remind the wife how lucky we are lol especially when I'm nights from last night and shes got them plus a 3 year old

Thank God for support and childcare bubbles