2020 Professional Golf Thread

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen some guy hitting it left and right handed on Sky. Hardly any difference in the swings and result. To me, just holding a left handed club at the address position is all wrong. I think I would struggle to beat 140 if I played a full round left handed. I can putt left handed, with a right below left hand grip.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen some guy hitting it left and right handed on Sky. Hardly any difference in the swings and result. To me, just holding a left handed club at the address position is all wrong. I think I would struggle to beat 140 if I played a full round left handed. I can putt left handed, with a right below left hand grip.
I played a guy in the scratch team years ago.
Driver to 6iron right handed the rest left handed.
Very good player.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
That's a very popular winner! Plenty lined up to congratulate her.

Although if as she says her Dad's in the pub, then good luck getting the channel changed given the football scores!

Was very pleased for her, but kind of surprised to see the volume of hugs from nearly everyone around the hole, given the covid situation....

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was very pleased for her, but kind of surprised to see the volume of hugs from nearly everyone around the hole, given the covid situation....

Yeah it's an odd one to see in the current climate, but given everyone is regularly tested, it's outside and just at the end then it's probably still very low risk. Just a strange thing to see currently.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Everyone recalls last green missed putts but it is not that simple.

Doug Sanders miss at St Andrews being an example.
History recalls it as the miss to lose the Open but it was a miss in a playoff with Nicklaus.
And absolutely no one recalls that on the first hole of his first round Saunders chunked his pitch into the burn and took a six.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Was a couple behind when I turned in, still some chances to play but he seemed to be very fidgety on the tee again so I wasn't that confident. Sounds like he played 18 very well.
A classic ball strikers win.
The best from tee to green, like he’s normally good at. But had a good week on the greens, which he isn’t usually so good at.

sunshine

Visit site
Get in Aaron! Delighted for him, local lad for me. Shame he clinched it through a mistake from Fleetwood, but the way he played today it was much deserved.

Yes well done to Rai.

He didn't know what to say in his interview, he was clearly embarrassed to have won it that way. First Rock's shocker on 18 in regulation then Fleetwood's horrible miss. Hw showed great sportsmanship given the circumstances.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see Rory is posting some pictures of his trackman as he looks to add some speed and distance

Got the ball speed up to 190mph and the carry over the 350 yard mark!!!!

Wonder if McGinley and his mates on sky will be so derogatory as they are to Bryson lol

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I see Rory is posting some pictures of his trackman as he looks to add some speed and distance

Wonder if McGinley and his mates on sky will be so derogatory as they are to Bryson lol

Wonder if he's heard anything about the conclusions of the governing bodies re their report on how to reduce Pros length ( ball technology, or whatever)
I thought I heard the pundits saying conclusions had been reached but not yet published? Is that right?
If the ball is being "changed", ...".?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He’s a Yank though!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site

I find he's always a bit disparaging of McIlroy, and, equally, that McIlroy is equally dismissive of McGinley!

birdyhunter

Visit site
It took McGinley about 3 sentences before he had a dig at DeChambeau in his opening comments on Sky today... and he's not even playing at Wentworth!