2020 Professional Golf Thread

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His rigid swing, his hunched putting stroke, the snails’ pace. There’s nothing I enjoy about watching Bryson. I can admit he’s taken the place apart, he isn’t just strength he has great touch around and on the greens. But I really hope that much like Geoff Ogilvy he is an idiosyncratic winner here that doesn’t do much else.

Except I like Geoff Ogilvy

U

User62651

Why did BdC get a free drop? I missed that
Sprinkler head? Missed that too.
I was more surprised when he laid the driver down for a club length measure it was not close to the ball so looked like more than one club length where he put the tee in, where he then dropped may well have been inside the one club length but it looked a little risky to chance that.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly stunning, sensational round of golf, nothing worse than 70 all week, only player under par today when playing in the final group of a major on a course suppose to negate his strengths

This week will change how some of the current generation and almost all of the future generation will approach the game you would think, and may well provoke a reaction from the authorities too

Interesting for all the bomb and gouge comments, his strokes gained was spread across all departments of his game. Across the 4 rounds he gained on average just over 5 shots per round against the field, roughly spread 2 shots from approaches, 1 shot off the tee, 1 around the green and 1 putting

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some round of golf that, superb stuff from Bryson. Love him or hate him he's box office and is some golfer. Please can we get Brooks vs Bryson coming down the stretch at Augusta.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think if you put everyone as close as he was getting those stats would be similar... the point is the closer I am to my favourite club my stats get so much better ...
We will see a change .. BdC is unpopular and he has just made a point ... which has been happening since Tiger turned pro, John Daley gave us a hint ..

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Utterly stunning, sensational round of golf, nothing worse than 70 all week, only player under par today when playing in the final group of a major on a course suppose to negate his strengths

This week will change how some of the current generation and almost all of the future generation will approach the game you would think, and may well provoke a reaction from the authorities too

Interesting for all the bomb and gouge comments, his strokes gained was spread across all departments of his game. Across the 4 rounds he gained on average just over 5 shots per round against the field, roughly spread 2 shots from approaches, 1 shot off the tee, 1 around the green and 1 putting

Indeed, he's always going to be mentioned with his driving, and *how* he has gained his distance. But he's one hell of a golfer. Incredible player.

Just wish he'd speed up a tad! I'm sure he really cares what I think though!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sprinkler head? Missed that too.
I was more surprised when he laid the driver down for a club length measure it was not close to the ball so looked like more than one club length where he put the tee in, where he then dropped may well have been inside the one club length but it looked a little risky to chance that.

Yes I wondered about that to it definitely looked like more than a driver length but with the referee standing right there it must have been ok.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Deserves it. His short game and putting is sublime and allows his big-hitting strategy to work.

I think you're right about future generations but hope the authorities can do something or men's golf will become pretty unwatchable.

In the commentary they said something has already been decided about it but hasn't been announced yet.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He spent hours on the range last night to fix his driving then went and walked the final round.

Remember they absolutely slaughtered haotong lee for doing the same. Haha

Some performance from bryson. Fully deserved this week. His approach to the game doesnt work all the time. This isnt the end of golf as we know it. It was just his week.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
He spent hours on the range last night to fix his driving then went and walked the final round.

Remember they absolutely slaughtered haotong lee for doing the same. Haha

Some performance from bryson. Fully deserved this week. His approach to the game doesnt work all the time. This isnt the end of golf as we know it. It was just his week.
Agree with this - he was superb but he won't win every week. This is a step change for his career though, it's one thing winning a regular tour event on a resort course - it's another, completely, winning on a US Open set up of a very hard course. I'm glad I'm not in the clubhouse for a beer with him post round though - you just know he's going to relive every shot to his mates.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is it bad in these circumstances. ? They are the last group. Nobody is inconvenienced in the slightest, and it is professional golf , I.e entertainment.
I agree if play was this slow as a pair on an ordinary everyday golf course, with others playing behind, it would be intolerable.
But that would be because others were being disadvantaged. Not so here.
Don’t they have time limits on the tour?
They pulled up a young rookie at the masters.
Didn’t realise how slow Bryson is until the last few holes when there was no other golfer to show.
It’s got nothing to do with disadvantaging anyone else it’s so everyone is treated the same under the rules.