2020 Professional Golf Thread

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Lol - watch to the end!

What a game - really can drive you crazy when it's going badly.
Lee has been struggling with a wrist injury for some time. Being a (quasi) Kiwi, i've followed his 'progress' for some time. Frustrating situation for him, but Golf is as much in the head as about raw ability. Lee, unfortunately, seems to be somewhat fragile in that department - for all his other qualities.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first two putts didn’t touch the hole the rest was just petulance... needs to go an plough a field, mine some coal or stack shelves in the local supermarket to realise how lucky he is ... muppet

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The 2 guys leading have shown that if you hit it far enough then you can miss fairways. This is supposed to be the toughest test as well, what happens when they play more open courses.
I’m wondering if we will see a shift in the pro game soon, especially if Bryson goes on to contend at Augusta as wel.

That's right, except that this is an open course, as nearly all PGA tour courses are.
As I said earlier, put some bushes off the sides of the fairways. Best players, like us, can't hit a ball lying in the middle of a bush.
So they have to take a drop, so regardless of how far they can hit, they have to lose a shot.
Heavy grass rough is no deterrent to a wedge.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's not entertaining to watch in my opinion...but, hey..it is what it is.
I've said it elsewhere but I prefer it when they struggle. I'm sure one or two will come into their own and be under par by the end, and then you know they've played superbly to be there. I definitely prefer this to someone like DJ smashing -25 each week.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What excites me about Majors is the possibility of someone putting a run together over the back 9 on Sunday..knocking in 3 or 4 birdies to put pressure on the leaders who then have to respond by playing good golf or capitulate and hand it to someone else.
I just see no chance of that on this course the way it's set up
Assume Bryson pars in from here ( leading at -4) and Wolfe goes backwards...even Louis has to make 3 birdies with no bogies just to force a playoff...
There's nobody else in the same time zone.

Roll on the Masters...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What excites me about Majors is the possibility of someone putting a run together over the back 9 on Sunday..knocking in 3 or 4 birdies to put pressure on the leaders who then have to respond by playing good golf or capitulate and hand it to someone else.
I just see no chance of that on this course the way it's set up
Assume Bryson pars in from here ( leading at -4) and Wolfe goes backwards...even Louis has to make 3 birdies with no bogies just to force a playoff...
There's nobody else in the same time zone.

Roll on the Masters...

not sure youre going to enjoy that in autumnal conditions when length going to be even more of a factor ;)

cs1986

Club Champion
Visit site
I like that it's a challenge and the scores aren't stupidly low. Can get boring seeing "drive, short fairway iron, 5ft putt, birdie". I like seeing pros in tight spots and seeing how they deal with it and the types of recovery shots they play. Also really shows who has the mental game (not Danny Lee).

Don't want Wolff to win it as I can't be bothered to hear the US commentators talk about how great his win was for the next 5 years and hyping him up to the gods and comparing him to Tiger. They love to get carried away about a young golfer.

It's Bryson's to lose. Would have been nice to see Oosthuizen win but I think he needs to be in the clubhouse at -2 to have any kind of shot

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do get weary of the gestures and comments after a poor shot - I guess its self preservation if you always convince yourself it was someone/thing elses fault. Bryson's chatter is about as irritating as I find him in general!