1st eagle.

Jabba

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I scored my first eagle yesterday in the club Stableford. The 1st 9 was a disaster, just 8 points :eek: , I was absolutely rank.

The 10th at South Bradford ( 9 hole course, so no.1 again) was 497 yards, downhill. I hit an okay'ish drive 252 yards into the fairway (it is downhill remember) and then hit a lifetime best 245 yard 5 wood to 12 foot from the pin. I apologised profusely to the group who were on the green at the time but I honestly did not think I could reach.

Not only were they fine, stating that the ball rolled gently onto the green and posed no danger to them, they also stayed and watched as I took my putt. The tricky downhiller went straight in the middle of the cup and it was my best golfing moment since my 1st birdie many, many years ago. The applause from the other players was a really nice gesture too.It was a real pleasure to get the beers in after the round for both my brother and my new found groupies :)

Sorry to ramble on about it but I still chuffed and I intend telling EVERYBODY! :whoo:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good effort mate

I too, popped my Eagle cherry last Sunday.

Our par 5 2nd. Cracked a driver 258 yards into the Left hand fairway bunker, then hit a very nice 8 iron 142 yards, leaving me 64 yards short.

Picked my gap wedge out the bag, got a sweet contact. One bounce and straight in.

I then had to say sorry to the guys that were trying to tee off on the 6th tee box for the racket i made when it rolled in :D

As an added boost. I subsequently went completely to pot and had a stinker of a round thereafter.

I have had an ace on a par 3, however i dont count that as an Eagle, just an ace. Felt great to get my first one from the fairway.

Jabba

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Tuggles, you don't count a HIO as an eagle? I'd count it as an eagle, a masterpiece, a triumph and conclusive evidence of my status as a superior being ;)

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
I scored my first eagle yesterday in the club Stableford. The 1st 9 was a disaster, just 8 points :eek: , I was absolutely rank.

The 10th at South Bradford ( 9 hole course, so no.1 again) was 497 yards, downhill. I hit an okay'ish drive 252 yards into the fairway (it is downhill remember) and then hit a lifetime best 245 yard 5 wood to 12 foot from the pin. I apologised profusely to the group who were on the green at the time but I honestly did not think I could reach.

Not only were they fine, stating that the ball rolled gently onto the green and posed no danger to them, they also stayed and watched as I took my putt. The tricky downhiller went straight in the middle of the cup and it was my best golfing moment since my 1st birdie many, many years ago. The applause from the other players was a really nice gesture too.It was a real pleasure to get the beers in after the round for both my brother and my new found groupies :)

Sorry to ramble on about it but I still chuffed and I intend telling EVERYBODY! :whoo:

Well done me old mukka - get the beers in!!

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great stuff, like how you clearly explained the yardages and circumstances so as to not get hammered by the distance police on here:thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my first proper one today. Have had one previously in a practice round on my own but that wasn't for anything. This was in a society outing at Strandhill today. Played Enniscrone yesterday.

3rd hole about 374 yards in windy conditions. Decent enough drive and left 150 yards to the pin which was cut to the back of the green. Hit 7i and thought it might have come up short with the wind but ball hit front of the the green and rolled into the hole. Saw it the entire way. Wouldn't have been far away if it hadn't of gone as it wasn't a pin rattler. The wind probably helped because it had pushed the pin away on the from the right side of the hole where my ball had gone in :D

Great feeling although I did end up losing a bit of focus for a while. Finished with 31 points but didn't care. This was a great feeling. Even better that my dad was in my four ball with me. Oh have to thank Smange from the forum for lasering the yardage for me ;). Also whispered to me about maybe wanting to keep the ball as I was on a high. Would have probably lost it on the next shot and regretted it.

17241937796_d3540afe98.jpg

16647697713_a7d698dd13.jpg

Last edited:

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done not many times players get an eagle, only had one myself great feeling.

Also well done for getting the put, with a bit of pressure with the other players watching , and really nice touch by them to acknowledge your eagle.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top work and nice souvenir. Above post are you saying it feels better on a par 5? Or just different?

Suppose an eagle on a Par 5 on in two and putt for the 3 would feel like it's not quiet as much luck. Also the pressure on the putt would be huge!!!

Only pressure I had was to get it on the green to give me a chance of a putt for birdie. So glad it wasn't a blind hole green though. Watching the ball on it's entire journey just made it that bit nicer.

I know I'm still on a bit of a high this evening. Described it in detail to HID. Despite her blanks stares and looks of boredom I told her every detail. If I ever get a hole in hole I'll probably not be able continue the round and my wife might request a divorce ;).

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Suppose an eagle on a Par 5 on in two and putt for the 3 would feel like it's not quiet as much luck. Also the pressure on the putt would be huge!!!

Only pressure I had was to get it on the green to give me a chance of a putt for birdie. So glad it wasn't a blind hole green though. Watching the ball on it's entire journey just made it that bit nicer.

I know I'm still on a bit of a high this evening. Described it in detail to HID. Despite her blanks stares and looks of boredom I told her every detail. If I ever get a hole in hole I'll probably not be able continue the round and my wife might request a divorce ;).
:rofl:nothing brings you down to earth quite like trying to explain your golfing heroics to your non golfing other half!