150th Open @ St Andrews ballot

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, thanks. It’s definitely not showing there for me. Tried on mobile and in two different browsers on desktop.

6802086E-9226-4CD0-9649-2C9EA166473E.jpeg

C7usk

Visit site
Was there not a point previously a few months ago where you had to register an interest in the resale?.. My mate just got a sat ticket.... Took 20 attempts of just constantly going through the process... Cannot wait. ?. Good luck folks.

JamboJapp

Visit site
Couldn't believe I missed out on the ballot last year but chuffed to bits when I picked up a ticket for Friday this afternoon :) Not my fav open venue to spectate at as it really struggles to provide viewing areas compared to elsewhere but I'd have hated to miss the 150th edition. Also the Monday finale in 2015 was the last open I attended with my old man so felt a little emotional sorting a ticket on my own.

C7usk

Visit site
Couldn't believe I missed out on the ballot last year but chuffed to bits when I picked up a ticket for Friday this afternoon :) Not my fav open venue to spectate at as it really struggles to provide viewing areas compared to elsewhere but I'd have hated to miss the 150th edition. Also the Monday finale in 2015 was the last open I attended with my old man so felt a little emotional sorting a ticket on my own.
Well done jambo, glad to hear you've managed to get a ticket... Aye, your auld boy will defo have a better view than you by the sounds of it... Agree its not the best for viewing... But the buzz / atmosphere will more than make up for it... Hope you have a great time. ?

Rewood

Visit site
I mean I think the only people that can buy in this sale is those that were unsuccessful in the ballot.

The bit I'm not sure about is where the tickets on sale have come from! I know a few that were successful in the ballot but they have not been given opportunity to sell tickets they don't now need!

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bit I'm not sure about is where the tickets on sale have come from! I know a few that were successful in the ballot but they have not been given opportunity to sell tickets they don't now need!

Exactly. Apologies if it sounds like I’m moaning at you, I’m not.

Savo01

Visit site
Got 2 for Saturday, it was a very frustrating system it seemed but I get that lots of people wanted them. Constantly clicking and re-clicking on tickets. Can anyone tell me, do buses run from Edinburgh/Dunfermline to St. Andrews over the days? I have hotels booked in both, and I understand it is the 150th Open but do tickets tend to be floating about for the next day at Open's?

C7usk

Visit site
Got 2 for Saturday, it was a very frustrating system it seemed but I get that lots of people wanted them. Constantly clicking and re-clicking on tickets. Can anyone tell me, do buses run from Edinburgh/Dunfermline to St. Andrews over the days? I have hotels booked in both, and I understand it is the 150th Open but do tickets tend to be floating about for the next day at Open's?
Well done sav. You will get a train to leuchers and they run shuttle buses from there to the course. I'm not sure about buses from Edinburgh or dunfermline. The train is easy though.

Rewood

Visit site
Mate just emailed ticket office about not being offered chance to sell spare tickets. They came back saying resale is being staggered and he will be offered opportunity to sell shortly. Trying to protect website by limiting numbers apparantly. Faq also says those that were partially successful in ballot also should be able to buy.

C7usk

Visit site
Mate just emailed ticket office about not being offered chance to sell spare tickets. They came back saying resale is being staggered and he will be offered opportunity to sell shortly. Trying to protect website by limiting numbers apparantly. Faq also says those that were partially successful in ballot also should be able to buy.
Cheers for update Rewood... Good to know. ?

Alfie750

Visit site
Free Junior Ticket

I was fortunate enough to get 2 adult tickets for the Saturday via the ballot. I hadn't realised that I should have applied for a free junior ticket for my 4 year old at the same time. I just must have missed it during the application process.

I was told by the ticket office last year that I would have to 'purchase' the additional free Junior Ticket through the official resale platform but they have since told me that the platform is only available to unsuccessful or partially successful applicants - that doesn't include me.

Does anyone have an unwanted free Junior Ticket for the Saturday please, or know of any way I could get access to one?

Thank you in advance

Savo01

Visit site
If people are still looking tickets are popping up on the re-sale site all the time. In the past 5 days I've got 3 Sunday and another Saturday ticket. Some Thursday and Friday ones have popped up too.

Visit site
If people are still looking tickets are popping up on the re-sale site all the time. In the past 5 days I've got 3 Sunday and another Saturday ticket. Some Thursday and Friday ones have popped up too.
Been keeping an eye after seeing this post and tonight a selection of tickets came available for the Thursday and was able to pick up two. It’s worth staying logged in and refreshing a couple of times a day for those still on the lookout for tickets.