150th Open @ St Andrews ballot

C7usk

Visit site
Unlucky folks... I had 2 mates got the dreaded unsuccessful email today also... 1.3 million applicant's... Wow.. Hopefully you all have better luck in January sale. ?

Savo01

Visit site
I've still had nothing.... edit, also unsuccessful... pity that. So now to cancel all the accommodation that was also booked...

I'd not dismiss the January re-sale. Given by what people have said on here, a good few tickets will probably be returned.

C7usk

Visit site
I'd not dismiss the January re-sale. Given by what people have said on here, a good few tickets will probably be returned.
Yeah, think there is still a good chance.. Mates have registered for the resale..... Hopefully it's genuine golf fans and not touts trying to rip people off. ?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not going to bother. I enjoy going to the practice and thursday to get a quiet(er) look around the course etc, if its going to be sold out all week like a Sunday then I'll give it a miss i think.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'm not going to bother. I enjoy going to the practice and thursday to get a quiet(er) look around the course etc, if its going to be sold out all week like a Sunday then I'll give it a miss i think.
The Dunhill is when to got to watch pros play the Old Course - the Open is a great occasion but it's not the best place to see a lot of the action or the course - and The Old Course is the hardest course to watch at.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
The Dunhill is when to got to watch pros play the Old Course - the Open is a great occasion but it's not the best place to see a lot of the action or the course - and The Old Course is the hardest course to watch at.

Agree, the attraction of the old course is that its in the town centre, so you can just leave the course for a pint and some pub food rather than queueing for an 'Open Burger' and a plastic pint of watered down Tennents....

Rewood

Visit site
And to rub salt in wounds of not getting tickets. Just been offered two nights camping on open campsite! Bollocks. 150 quid plus 100 deposit. So what do you do.

Steco85

Visit site
I was successful in the ballot 1 adult 1 under 16. But no idea where I can find reasonable accommodation. Everywhere sold out Dundee/Edinburgh also sold out Any ideas?

C7usk

Visit site
Hi Steco, congrats on getting a ticket but tbh if you checked all the usual websites then am out of ideas.. Booking.com, Airbnb, holiday lettings, all caravan sites.. I presume Perth and Aberdeen are sold out also? Hopefully a lot of people have got accommodation and are still waiting to see if they get tickets in January's resale... And if they don't they cancel and you get a chance at something.... Good luck. ?