150th Open @ St Andrews ballot

Rewood

Visit site
Just joined here as trying to work out what is going on with ballot. I've done good few opens and have not heard about my application for Thursday ticket. I'm gutted. From lads I know it seems like if you were partly successful in ballot you will be offered those tickets that weren't taken up from first sale. If that's true, that's harsh. Though unsuccessful people would have had chance with those. Not holding out much hope now.

Just out of interest. Has anyone had email last week or so that didn't get one when first ballot results announced?

Savo01

Visit site
Hi, I was luckily enough to get 2 tickets for Saturday and Sunday and gutted I won't make it now. Do I have to wait until the official resell site is up and running or can I sell them before? And advice is greatly appreciated
This is what I applied for. If I change my name to yours by deed pole will you sell them to me please? :cool:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to wee on chips chaps but I am a W

I’ve had tickets since day and know three lads. one and 2 W’s and a C that are empty handed.

Rewood

Visit site
It says this on the faqs

I would like to transfer one or more of my tickets to a guest. What do I need to know?change content visibility
The tickets are fully transferrable and can be sent digitally to friends and family. The digital tickets will be available approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event and can be transferred via an app, allowing individuals to hold and display their own tickets. The name of the ticket purchaser will be displayed on the ticket, but this will not restrict use of the ticket and it is not necessary for the original ticket purchaser to be in attendance at the event. The only instance in which ID might be necessary under normal circumstances is to confirm the age of an attendee using a Youth or Junior ticket, or if the ticket cannot be displayed digitally. More information about the digital ticketing provisions will be communicated to fans closer to the event.

Don't need to change name by email!

Ps. I'll have any spares as well!

C7usk

Visit site
It says this on the faqs

I would like to transfer one or more of my tickets to a guest. What do I need to know?change content visibility
The tickets are fully transferrable and can be sent digitally to friends and family. The digital tickets will be available approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event and can be transferred via an app, allowing individuals to hold and display their own tickets. The name of the ticket purchaser will be displayed on the ticket, but this will not restrict use of the ticket and it is not necessary for the original ticket purchaser to be in attendance at the event. The only instance in which ID might be necessary under normal circumstances is to confirm the age of an attendee using a Youth or Junior ticket, or if the ticket cannot be displayed digitally. More information about the digital ticketing provisions will be communicated to fans closer to the event.

Don't need to change name by email!

Ps. I'll have any spares as well!
Good to get a bit of clarity..thanks. Makes sense that you can transfer them to other named people....ive only been to 2 quite recent opens... St Andrews and Carnoustie and wasn't asked for ID at either... So the names shouldn't make a huge difference....

Savo01

Visit site
Is there an official end date for the ballot, before the re-sale, if any happens? Still not had an email to say anything either way yet.

JGolfer

Visit site
We thought my Mrs hadn’t got it. So we accepted the Tuesday practice day, and booked it off from work.

She got her email today for the Saturday and Sunday. She said she won’t accept it? But I said I can go. Not my fault she can’t attend haha :D

Only downside her ticket is a youth and mine is an adult. So can’t even take a mate!

BearcatGolf

Visit site
Howdy Y'all: I'm American who lives in Indianapolis Indiana. On a whim, I entered the lotteries for the Masters and Open Championship. I was not successful for Masters tickets but I just found out I was awarded tickets for the opening round for the Open. It is my son's senior year in high school and I wanted to do something special for him. He is an accomplished junior golfer who will be playing for a major US college golf team. I've never been to Great Britain and obviously to the Open Championship. Any ideas where to begin looking for cities/towns and places to stay for a few days? Best way to commute to Saint Andrews the day of the tournament? Any other advice is appreciated.

AAC

Visit site
Howdy Y'all: I'm American who lives in Indianapolis Indiana. On a whim, I entered the lotteries for the Masters and Open Championship. I was not successful for Masters tickets but I just found out I was awarded tickets for the opening round for the Open. It is my son's senior year in high school and I wanted to do something special for him. He is an accomplished junior golfer who will be playing for a major US college golf team. I've never been to Great Britain and obviously to the Open Championship. Any ideas where to begin looking for cities/towns and places to stay for a few days? Best way to commute to Saint Andrews the day of the tournament? Any other advice is appreciated.
If you are flying into Heathrow you would be spoilt for choice of great courses within an hours drive, you could then fly to Edinburgh for the open and take the train to St Andrews, they will have shuttle buses from there.

If your flying straight to Scotland again there are many course's to play, there is another thread on here discussing exactly that.

Savo01

Visit site
Slept in this morning..........................
Spilt tea over myself whilst driving to work............................
Just got an email to say I was unsuccessful in the Open ballot.................
Today is not a good day!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I've still had nothing.... edit, also unsuccessful... pity that. So now to cancel all the accommodation that was also booked...

Last edited: