150th Open @ St Andrews ballot

C7usk

Visit site
Hi Sav
I've still heard nothing, which I don't know is a good or bad thing. I would be surprised if there is any surplus to go on sale next year given the demand apparently. I remember going to Sandwich in 2011 and only buying a ticket for the Sunday, on the Thursday! Changed times obviously.
Hi savo,
A lot of people who have got tickets will not be using all the days they have been allocated so will be looking to get rid... So unless they know others who want them hopefully some will make it to resale... I know at present I have 4 for Sunday that I don't intend on using so will either look to pass onto members at the course I play / mates or resale to the site.... Am not interested in trying to make a profit on them as I am sure some will... Good luck. ?

Savo01

Visit site
Can I ask anyone who got tickets, are you regular ticket buyers for the Open? I was there this year, and been to a couple now. Just wondering did regulars get priority, if so, fair enough.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just had an email - 4 tickets for Wednesday offered to me!

Cant decide if its worth it for a practise round... Only a few months after my boy is born - would you???

JonW

Visit site
I applied for Wednesday and Thursday.

I got an email a few weeks ago saying I’d been partially successful and had got the Wednesday. I paid £100 for them (2xadults & 2xjuniors) within a few days.

Then, earlier this week, I got an email saying that I’d actually been fully successful and can now buy the Thursday ones too. Think I’m going to do that and go overnight.

My surname begins with W and I don’t have a dog.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It seems odd just how many people are being offered Wednesday tickets. Everyone I know outside of this forum who applied has been offered a Wednesday ticket. Only one person I know got a competition day ticket.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got the Friday tickets i applied for a while ago now and my surname is later in the alphabet so not convinced by the surname order theory.

I have attended recent opens, and the last 2 at st andrews, but not sure if they prioritised regular attenders for these tickets or not.

Am sure that everyone who wants to go will get to go, it will just take time to process all the offers that werent accepted and redistribute them to those who werent lucky initially. Good luck everyone.

Highlander72

Visit site
Hi, I was luckily enough to get 2 tickets for Saturday and Sunday and gutted I won't make it now. Do I have to wait until the official resell site is up and running or can I sell them before? And advice is greatly appreciated

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, I was luckily enough to get 2 tickets for Saturday and Sunday and gutted I won't make it now. Do I have to wait until the official resell site is up and running or can I sell them before? And advice is greatly appreciated

https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot-faqs

You need to wait and resell them on their resale marketplace in the new year.

My understanding on all this so far is that they’re non transferable and non refundable any other way.