15 strokes in 5 days

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Really pleased. Played my first round on a local par 3 after starting lessons on Sunday and played again today. 15 strokes less, with less putts, more GIR and less ‘disaster’ holes. Really happy and hope I can keep improving.

Highlight of the day was probably my best ever hit with a 7 iron on the longest hole (207) which was only a few yards short of the green.

Had a really good chance for a birdie on 12 but ended up 3 putting :D

C89_DAA84-088_D-49_B3-82_D7-_D763_A871534_A.png

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Haha. The fact that we’ve had no rain in 6 weeks might have had something to do with that, it was like concrete in places!

JayB

Visit site
There’s two 18 hole courses there, the proper course and the par 3 course which is the only one I’ve played (as of right now I’ve never hit a club longer than a 6 iron!)

If looking to step up from a par 3 course I'd recommend you visit either Woodlands Golf and Country Club (Signature course - 5200 yards) or Shortwood Lodge (5000 yards, no par 5's), not overly long and in my opinion good for beginners. When I tried to get into golf I played them for around 6 months and they were enjoyable without being too daunting.

One word of caution, Woodlands has a fair amount of water so worth taking plenty of balls when starting out.

Goodluck :thup:

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
If looking to step up from a par 3 course I'd recommend you visit either Woodlands Golf and Country Club (Signature course - 5200 yards) or Shortwood Lodge (5000 yards, no par 5's), not overly long and in my opinion good for beginners. When I tried to get into golf I played them for around 6 months and they were enjoyable without being too daunting.

One word of caution, Woodlands has a fair amount of water so worth taking plenty of balls when starting out.

Goodluck :thup:

Thanks for that! I’m using Thornbury as a base to get my confidence and experience up but I expect by this time next year I’ll be itching to get onto longer courses.