14 Day Return Policy

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Purchased a club for my father in law last week for his birthday but after him using it in the house to hit a couple of putts he has decided it’s not for him so I have contacted the pro shop I bought it from to arrange an exchange or refund.

When the club arrived it was not cellophane wrapped on the head so I presume it was one that was sitting out in the pro shop.

The guy is now trying to say I cannot get a refund as the club is now being classed as used even though it is in the exact same condition as it was when sent to me.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where I stand with this before I take it any further? I am still within the 14 day return period

The 2 things I suggested to exchange it for supposedly neither is stocked so that doesn’t appear to be an option and neither does a refund so not sure what to do now

D

Deleted member 23344

Legally, if the firm offers a 14 day returns policy, it must honour it if you have fully met the terms and conditions ... and one is no doubt that it must be in the same condition as when it arrived. The problem comes in proving that it arrived without the cellophane covering. Any witnesses?

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok more opinions required. They have agreed to give me store credit instead of a refund at the moment

I advertised the putter on Facebook before realising I could get a full refund.

The guy is claiming by doing this I have accepted ownership of the club but now I am asking for a refund it means I have been advertising an item which belongs to them and that is illegal?

Anyone ever heard of this before or is he just trying to avoid refunding?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ok more opinions required. They have agreed to give me store credit instead of a refund at the moment

I advertised the putter on Facebook before realising I could get a full refund.

The guy is claiming by doing this I have accepted ownership of the club but now I am asking for a refund it means I have been advertising an item which belongs to them and that is illegal?

Anyone ever heard of this before or is he just trying to avoid refunding?

That seems to be a 2nd attempt at pressuring you to accept the purchase! His argument is inconsistent - he's stating both that you and he/they are the 'owners' of the item! Go with ManinBlack's advice - threaten him with a Trading Standards Review/Investigation!

But you should definitely remove the Facebook advert! As that implies either you HAVE accepted ownership or that you are selling something that doesn't belong to you!

Overall, it seems to me that 'Store Credit' is the best way to resolve this - as long as it's practical for your FiL to either get to the store, or specify the putter he would like! It shouldn't be difficult for the guys to obtain his desired putter, even if it's ever so slightly different from the one he decided upon!

This is actually one area where the likes of American Golf (who i'm not normally a fan of!) have/has a huge advantage over Club Pros! Not only do they accept returns from any of their stores, but they are almost 'set up' for this kind of purchase!

Oh and BTW! The fact that you purchased via Paypal is a huge plus! They are very much oriented to 'customer satisfacton'! So create a Dispute/Request for Refund with them!

Last edited:

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Few points as a few posts above are incorrect.

There is is no such thing as distance selling Regulations.
They were replaced four years ago - consumer contracts regulations.

The packaging / cellophane etc has no relevance if the item is in the condition you received it in.

Bottom line is you have 14 days to return the goods after receipt.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d remove the item for sale. No relevance here tbh don’t agree that you have taken ownership. If you later find you can get a refund then anyone would

Say you want a refund not credit
If he refuses raise a dispute with PayPal and they will refund you eventually ..

Sounds like one to avoid in future aswell

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ye cheers for the response.

I have agreed to the credit as he says he can get the things I would of bought with the refund anyway so will return the club on Monday and see if he keeps to his word with regards to getting the items I have requested.

To me it seems like it would be easier just to refund rather than have to look for a supplier for one of the items I have asked for in exchange but will go with it anyway.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ye cheers for the response.

I have agreed to the credit as he says he can get the things I would of bought with the refund anyway so will return the club on Monday and see if he keeps to his word with regards to getting the items I have requested.

To me it seems like it would be easier just to refund rather than have to look for a supplier for one of the items I have asked for in exchange but will go with it anyway.

I find companies are only as good as their attitude when something goes wrong

That’s why I like amazon. Amazing customer service however if you don’t pay tax you can afford to refund anything lol