HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well its here. Not sure what to say but hope this does such a milestone justice.

I'd just like to thank everyone on here for their contribution this year and for making it the best (and in my case clearly the most addictive) forum around. Thanks to GM for letting us run riot on here, for their support, both in terms of producing a great magazine month in, month out and for giving us rare opportunities (Castle Stuart, custom fitting days, a round with David Howell etc). Thanks also for the great prizes online and in the magazine.

To those I've played a round of golf with this year, particularly the trip to Lydd (great company - crap course), those that supported the first GM Spring Meet, and those I played with at other venues, thank you for great laughs and some entertaining and at time inspired golf.

To everyone on here, its been emotional (no, at times it really has been) never without contorversy (with me usually somewhere near the epicentre) always amusing, provocative and informative. Thanks to all your support during my time writing the forum pages, from agreeing to be featured in the "meet the forum" slot to posting reviews or supplying details on your "out and about games". I hope you'll continue to support our new writer. I realise that I'll never agree with some of you although I promise I always try and see every thread from as wide a perspective as possible. I guess if I'd known at the time how I sometimes seem to polarise opinion perhaps marmite would have been a better user name

I hope 2010 gives you everything you want not only in terms of your golf but for continued health and good fortunes for each and everyone of you and your families. Whatever your religion, creed or faith I hope that you enjoy the season and have a great time and a very happy new year.

Now post 10,001 - what can I say........

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congrats Homer, that's one hell of an achievement. You seem to play a lot of golf, and certainly 'talk' a lot of golf, and no doubt dream a lot of golf as well. I don't know how HID puts up with you. Here's to the next 10,000.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well Done homer. Whilst usually in Cumbria we are in new zealand for Christmas.

You must be very proud.

Here's to the next 10000

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done, Homer (can I call you Martin?).

Yes , you've had your disagreements, but never with me. So cograts on being the first to the milestone. It's an achievement right enough. Many more hopefully.

Cheers

John

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congratulations Homer, that's some achievement!

But I think your good lady deserves a mention for her understanding of your insatiable appetite for all things golf.

So well done too, Mrs Homer.

Golfmmad.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congrats Homer, a giant of the forum. You did however forget to thank your Mum'n'Dad your management team, and everyone behind the scenes that makes your job easier. I suggest boning up on speeches from the likes of Kate Winslett for your next milestone post. Here's to the next 10,000 ;)

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I have never become wedded to a forum before. I've often leeches on some where I've gone solely for advice but never contributed. But this time I've had a very different experience and feel like I've found a wonderful supportive golfing community that will beceith me throughout my odyssey.

Homer you've been a massive part of that from wit and banter to great advice and support. Congrats on the 10k milestone. Methinks you should feature in a future issue of GM.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congrats Homer.....
I know im relatively new to the forum but its easy to fit in here.
You were one of the very first to reply back to my very first post and if the next in line to you is half as prompt and gentlemanly i dont think anybody on here will have a problem with them....Cheers and a Happy Christmas to you and yours from the Emerald Isle