£300 to spend. Which irons?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m out of the game 3 years but hoping to get back in next few weeks.

I’d like to change my irons. I’ve a set of Cleveland cg7 tour irons, served me well. But would like a change for the novelty as much as anything. Have the dynamic gold Super lite shafts

Before I stopped playing in 2015 I’d be to a fitting which suggested project x pxi was a good shaft for me. That’s about 112 grams I thinking so I’d like a light weight shaft really

I’m open to any brand and from any season, doesn’t bother me getting an older set if In good condition

What would you spend the £300 on?

Handicap in 2015 was 5

Any recommendations welcome?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So many options available. Why not scan somewhere like Golfbidder and see what's out there and at what price. If you see something that you like see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere as GB are usually top end of 2nd hand prices

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have a look at Benrross HTX, I’ve seen them in the flesh when Benross were so good as to donate a set for our H4H auction, and they looked and felt great for a set under £300.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
2013 Callaway X Forged.
Came stock with the PXi shaft
Should be able to find a really good condition set for the money.
Several Pros still use them...
Or Apex Pro from 2014. Came with the KBS V shaft. Stiff is 110g
Both nice sets for a Playa!!:thup:

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2013 Callaway X Forged.
Came stock with the PXi shaft
Should be able to find a really good condition set for the money.
Several Pros still use them...
Or Apex Pro from 2014. Came with the KBS V shaft. Stiff is 110g
Both nice sets for a Playa!!:thup:

Callaways look like an option alright.

Like the look of Pings as well as they have light weight shafts as standard

Srixon get a good mention in reviews but not many seem to play them

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So many options available. Why not scan somewhere like Golfbidder and see what's out there and at what price. If you see something that you like see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere as GB are usually top end of 2nd hand prices

Thanks. Good site for getting ideas. Pricy alright in comparison to something like eBay. Reliable though which is a plus

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm gonna flog my Apex Pro 2014 with UST Recoil shafts 110 in stiff 3 - PW if interested?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Thanks. Good site for getting ideas. Pricy alright in comparison to something like eBay. Reliable though which is a plus

I’ve used Golfbidder for several purchases. Invariably the quality of the clubs have exceeded expectations. I’ve gone for the excellent end of used, and 2 of the sets looked like new.

Yes they are a little more expensive than the ‘bay but there’s a guarantee and the option to swap. They’d be my choice for 2nd hand internet purchase every time.