£100 pounds on the Masters.. Advice needed

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys, I've won a knock out comp where the prize is £100 that you must bet on the Masters. You have to make at least 4 bets (each way bet counts as two) but they don't have to be equal amounts.
I lay myself at the forums door of knowledge and ask for your thoughts.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would love to give you some advice but i dont even bet on dead certs because i am the most unlucky person when it comes to making a few bucks!

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gasp,

for an outside bet I would go with KJ Choi, but my main 4 would be,

Tiger Woods
Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Justin Rose

I feel Justin is due a good major sometime soon, and big Ernie is always worth a punt.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would defo pick KJ Choi for one of them.

And then like Toad

Tiger Woods
Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Justin Rose

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
he will send the heavys round

Wot a 'orrible thought. The GM Forum Wednesday Club "en mass" and in "full flow"

Visions of Captain Ahab Divot running round the poop deck of the whaling ship Pequod surrounded by Moby Dicks -- there he blows, there he blows.........(with apologies to Herman Melville) :D :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Davis Love....what, the fourth?

As a big fan of this player....he used the same clubs as me (in about 1994?)....I'd like to see him back, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Cink??

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go for some top ten bets, Gasp. They only count as one bet and you can still get good odds.

I had £25 on Andres Romero to finish top ten at the Open at Hoylake at 40/1. That was the most lucrative 8th place finish I've ever had. Beers all round that night in the pub!

Will be doing a few at the Masters myself but waiting to see who's hitting top form before I decide.

Oh, and p.s. Always use a price comparison site like this one before you place a bet. It's amazing the difference it can make.

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/win-market

They'll probably only have top ten betting up in the week prior to the event.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
J_F....if you put a top ten on a player at 40/1 is there a set fraction (as with e/w on the GGs)......

I saw Cink at 100/1, if a top ten was 10th, that'd be 10/1....could get me into golf betting!!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
does the bet have to be on an outright winner or can it be other things? e.g lowest round of week, first hole in one, least putts.
You can often find yourself some good bets in these sort of categories.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
J_F....if you put a top ten on a player at 40/1 is there a set fraction (as with e/w on the GGs)......

Dave,

No. The odds on the top ten bet are the odds you get. No division unless the player is tied for 10th with others. The joy is that there's no second bet as there is with the each way bet, too. Well worth £10 or more for a bit of fun.

So my £25 on Romero at 40/1 for top ten got me a grand. I'd have got nothing for him at £25 each way (£50) at around 120/1.

As I say, though, you only get top ten bets in the Majors and only the week before the tournament.