Zingers comments.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What do people think of the comments on Faldo he has made?
To say that his players want 'nothing to do with him' I find strange,I do get the feeling that the players possibly question him as a peoples person but think that they all know just what he has achieved in the game so sure they do respect him as a golfer.As for the rest of the comments made all I will say is I so hope we stuff the yanks again and ram the words down the weasels throat.I never have liked Faldo as a person but he was a fantastic player but I did not like Azinger as either,as a Captain he should be above this,I know Faldo got under Azingers skin when they played but didnt realise it was so much that in fact he is still there!!
CMON EUROPE!! :cool:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its gamesmanship, pure and simple, they know they are gonna get stuffed so will do anything to try rattle the boys!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
The team will get behind each other and their captain come the day. That's a given, any comment from the opposition is just a wind up.
Think about general sports teams, they might detest their coach/manager/trainers 90% of the time, but when they can smell victory, all that is left in the past. I've seen teams gel like magic minutes before the big push, anyone who takes their personal problems with a captain out on the pitch/course is a loser....

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Faldo may not be one to call a spade an earth removal implement but he was, and is, a professional. His achievements as an individual and in the Ryder Cup mean he needs take a back seat to no-one.
That 'his' team will respect.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think this is a bit of gamesmanship to try to wind faldo up - will be interesting to see if/how he replies. Think Zinger was also trying to encourage some back page debate on the Monty situation to put pressure on Faldo - don't think that has worked, or even would have affected him even if the Sun were having a poll.

I would be more satisfied if he didn't say anything publicly and just used it to his advantage in his meetings with the players.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Aw diddums Poor Paul Azinger bottled it at Muirfield 21 years ago and still holds it against Faldo. What was he supposed to do - finish bogey, bogey too and let him off. Wars have been faught, countries liberated, distant planets discovered, the I-Pod invented and still after all this time Azinger hasnt cooked and eaten that chip on his shoulder.
I'd rather be Faldo - no mates, fit bird, loads of money, 6 majors on the shelf. Azinger got the sympathy vote with his cancer battle and maybe any pretense of the lone wolf competitor was taken out of his game then, he was never going to come back and start blanking all the fellow pros who supported him through his troubles. I think he feels inferior to Faldo, I think alot of them do in a way they felt towards Duval when he was number 1 and Tiger now - they'd love that killer instinct but they don't have it so they resort to this nonsene. Faldo knows that barking dogs don't bite.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think things like this will only strengthen the Europeans as it shows just how desperate the Yanks are, trying to break our vastly superior team spirit. Say what you like about Faldo but he is a winner, and that will continue in September.

Ole Ole Ole Ole...........Ole Ole !!!!!!!!!! :D

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
It's nothing more than the typical American bulls*&t we're all used to.

My gut feeling is that Monty WILL get a wildcard pick from Faldo irrespective of how well they get on. His Ryder Cup record speaks for itself.

DHM.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brace yourselves folks it is going to be a bumpy ride!

Lets not fool ourselves,the Septics have had enough of losing and are going to do anything,ANYTHING to win this time.

Look back over the last 20 years,the only times the USA have won have been when they have behaved appallingly badly. Then take a look at the team with which Azinger has surrounded himself,look familiar does it?

These have then been followed by Europe repairing the reputation of the contest.

I am not saying that we are whiter than white but the facts speak for themselves.

You will probably gather from this that I expect a loss and a less than amicable match,well I hope I am wrong.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Zinger is a prize muppet-his comments will only serve to unite the europeans. First rule of team management never give your opponents a pyschologically advantage.

I remember a team manager in Ireland a week before a major final stating you dont win a derby with a donkey-indicating his opponents were donkeys--needless to say he was made eat his words after the game.

Looks like the Ryder Cup is beginning to turn nasty-Kiawah Island and Brookline spring to mind. Lets hope the Europeans dont allow themselves to be dragged down to Zingers level.