Your opinions appreciated please

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Like quite a few on here I've picked up a couple of excellent bargains from Golf Depot in the last couple of weeks. My first purchase was 4 doz TP5x balls at £24.99 a box. Promptly delivered but unfortunately I was sent TP5's instead which were £2 a box cheaper. I then ordered a Scotty for £199. I rang them up and explained about the balls and was given the option of returning them for the correct ones or he would include a couple of boxes (I assume sleeves of 3) with the putter as compensation so I opted for that. The putter has just arrived but no extra balls.

So, I have had two purchases at VERY cheap prices but not the extra balls as compensation. Would you pursue the extra balls or accept what has been delivered and count your blessings? Just curious to see what others think.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd probably want to get what I ordered, they have made the decision to sell at those prices. Guessing there is a reason you wanted the "X" over the standard ball. Sounds like they would be happy to send out the correct item if you are returning the wrong balls. No rush for it either as you cant exactly use them at the minute can you, so sure can be sorted nicely.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, going back a few years but there was a spate of this with Golf Depot, ordering one thing and being sent something slightly different. I ordered a Mizuno putter and was sent the wrong model, went through so much hassle trying to deal with them that I just sold it and took the loss.

With there being quite a few reports online of people having their Golf Depot sale orders cancelled and the item then appear back in stock at a higher price, I would feel lucky that the order arrived at all.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Personally I'd leave it as I could play TP5 or the X.
Would you use the TP5..?
If not then I'd chase it...
May get a dozen box extra..

D

Deleted Member 1156

Personally I'd leave it as I could play TP5 or the X.
Would you use the TP5..?
If not then I'd chase it...
May get a dozen box extra..
Yeah under the circumstances I'm happy to play the TP5 although would want the X if I'd payed full price.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf Depot and resolved complaints are as common as rockin horse poop. Id suck it up and use the balls personally.

Horrible shop to use online, an absolute Aladdin's cave of bargains if you are ever near it. I've bought tonnes of stuff from there in passing through Chester.

Last edited:

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
The wrong balls aren't going to be played with for a while yet so I'd just pause a bit and see if you're still fussed in a week or two.

Personally I'd take the error and play on but I'm not good enough to notice the difference, but saying that they have made a mistake and if I'd ordered a red polo and a cheaper green one turned up i 'd probably think about swapping it ....

GBC

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
A tricky one. I'd probably usually be for sorting it, but as I ordered from them on the 3rd of April and still nothing I'm thinking maybe you thank your lucky stars.

I should maybe post the emails on the 'laughter' thread. I ought to find some time to try and call them, or just progress a refund through PayPal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd be giving them polite nudges without sweating it too much. I could use the different make of ball so that wouldn't fuss me too much. They do have a reputation on here for not always getting it right so it's one I try and avoid where possible as the cheaper prices vs the potential hassle puts me off

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thanks for all the comments guys. I won't see a massive difference between the 2 balls so happy to keep them. I've dropped the guy a polite email thanking him for the two previous orders and reminded him he hasn't sent the complimentary balls yet. If he does then great, if he doesn't I won't lose any sleep over it as it already feels like I've robbed with what I've bought already. By my calculations I've saved over £170 on normal prices.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like quite a few on here I've picked up a couple of excellent bargains from Golf Depot in the last couple of weeks. My first purchase was 4 doz TP5x balls at £24.99 a box. Promptly delivered but unfortunately I was sent TP5's instead which were £2 a box cheaper. I then ordered a Scotty for £199. I rang them up and explained about the balls and was given the option of returning them for the correct ones or he would include a couple of boxes (I assume sleeves of 3) with the putter as compensation so I opted for that. The putter has just arrived but no extra balls.

So, I have had two purchases at VERY cheap prices but not the extra balls as compensation. Would you pursue the extra balls or accept what has been delivered and count your blessings? Just curious to see what others think.
Got to be worth an eMail or 2 I would have thought.

D

Deleted member 1740

Personally I'd accept what's been delivered count your blessings. You could just get a black sharpie and put an X next to the TP5? or

Send the balls to me and when l go to Ellesmere Port for work next week I'll take a detour to Chester, take them back and swap them for you and return them in the post?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Personally I'd accept what's been delivered count your blessings. You could just get a black sharpie and put an X next to the TP5? or

Send the balls to me and when l go to Ellesmere Port for work next week I'll take a detour to Chester, take them back and swap them for you and return them in the post?
Thanks Stu, very kind offer much appreciated! I can live without a few 'x's in my life and postage for 4 doz balls twice would probably cost more than I saved in the first place o_O