Your highest break at snooker?

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mines a miserable 32! Just been watching Hendry and Ding on the telly in one of the local bars. It's hardly a sport compared with golf, football, cricket, rugby etc. I used to play a lot but quite frankly find it dull. I mean the ''Crucible'' is never going to be a major venue like Wembley, Hampden, St. Andrew's, Wimbledon, Lord's etc.?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots....(seriously, he says rather embarrased t.b.h.)

I didn't start golf 'till 22-ish, and spent all my spare time on the green baize as a teenager.

I like a good snooker match, can be more evenly placed near the end than tennis/golf.....not often (I agree)!

I've played with Jimmy White (Shepherds Bush) and Tony Drago (Victoria)......I lost a pool match in a players pub in Earls Court once, got hussled, and never picked up a cue in a serious way since.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
My best break is 47.

Used to play a lot of pool to quite a high standard and for a fair few quid also.

Have recently resumed 9-ball pool, going back to traditional also as have been offered a place in a pub team for the local league.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I glanced at it and I saw the 47, I straight away thought that it was 147 and that someone was having a laugh, until I did a double take.

My best break came last saturday actually, 33. But bugger was it lucky, I'm not a good snooker player at all. Much prefer pool.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Blimey Alan, is your second name McManus by any chance???

It is scary now how good some people are but never "make it". At my club there are several players who regularly make century breaks and aren't considered top amateurs in the county.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had several breaks in the thirties but nothing more. That is pretty poor considering my parents had a full size table at home when I was younger

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some good best breaks from the posters. 69 from AF is excellent and is the best so far. I'm the worst with 32. Eaglehunter just pips me with his magnificent 33.

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
39 for me. Just been asked to play in a friends Empire Services snooker team. Same bloke has also roped me in to play the odd game of cricket for him too. Haven't picked up a bat in 5 years and to be honest I am too into my golf to go back to cricket again.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to play alot as a teenager and also play in the local leagues.

Once had a 70(ish) in a practcie session on my own, obv doesnt count as no-one was about but have had a couple of mid 60's in league games.

Now i struggle to make consistent 30's.

For me it is definitly one of them sports that if you dont use it, you loose it.

I now try play once a week (sunday night) and really want to get good again. Making sunday night a snooker night with the lads from work

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Highest break 75 once held the world snooker endurance record over 200hrs. Friend of mine made 137 highest break in amateur league at the time.