Xmas/January Sales

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Being new I haven't had an xmas whilst playing golf yet. I'm in the market for a gap wedge and a hybrid, and my birthday and xmas aren't far away. But I'm wondering if I should just wait until after xmas before buying anything.

Is it common to get good offers around xmas time or January? Or is gumtree awash with good new or second hand clubs in January?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
clubs don't tend to be cheaper at Christmas. some shops will offer a discount code of about 10%. it's always good to check the for sale section on this forum after Christmas as a few people get American golf vouchers that they don't want and sell at a discount

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I find anything online and in high street retailers tends to be only marginally discounted and I find that the time around the Masters when the 2018 releases are usually beginning is a good time and retailers will want to make room for the new stock

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
AG normally do a good Boxing Day sale on their clothes. I have got some great bargains the last two years.

Sales on clubs are not normally that good but when the new range comes out is normally the best time.

Regarding Black Friday- Amazon sometimes have some good deals. I managed to get a Garmin G6 approach for £120 new 2 years ago. They are still around £170 new today.

I believe that AG did do a Black Friday last year, but I don't remember buying anything or anything standing out as great value. Although this time last year was the Double Trade in so I was focused on that to be honest.

I would keep an eye out on gumtree all year round, you can find some absolute bargains at any time. I have managed to pickup a set of AP2 716's for £200 and a 2016 M1 with Kuro Kage shaft for £120. Just keep an eye out

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some good advice and suggestions here thanks. I actually agreed to buy a hybrid on gumtree today but then he went and sold it to someone else 😡

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another thumbs up for the AG Boxing Day sale!

Picked up some absolute bargains last Christmas on Nike clothing and footwear.

Nearly pulled the trigger on a pair of LC4's before Christmas for £120. They were £60 in the AG sale a week later :D