Xhot driver Rattle

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had the driver 8 months now but every time you hit the ball it rattles ,been told its maybe glue inside come lose?
was told to heat it up,but told the pro shop were I brought it from to sent it back to callaway for them to fix it.

Has anybody else had this issue?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I know someone who had a similar problem, removed the grip and a piece of graphite came out of the shaft, basically it was an extra-chunk from manufacturing that had worked loose. Was an Aldila VS-Proto shaft.

Would advise against heating it up as if it causes damage and doesnt fix it the warranty could be invalid.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guy at our club had the exact same problem, his would rattle when he took it out of the bag. A bit disconcerting...think he took it back to AG, don't know the outcome though

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had exactly the same with mine.

Just removed the head and re tightened and the problem was gone.

The head felt tight but this did solve the problem.

Hope this helps

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the driver 8 months now but every time you hit the ball it rattles ,been told its maybe glue inside come lose?
was told to heat it up,but told the pro shop were I brought it from to sent it back to callaway for them to fix it.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Had the same problem with a previous model. Happened 3 times over the space of a year.

Send it back to Callaway and they will fix it for you.

As a side note; I have been told it is where the glue inside gets cold during winter storage (in a garage or shed) and then snaps due to the forces on a strike. I was told to leave my driver inside the house when it's cold. Never had a problem since.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that there are several instances of the problem reported in this thread alone, does it not put people off buying them in the future? It certainly does for me. Regardless of Callaway/TM or whoever fixing and returning it promptly, surely these things should be built soundly enough in the first place for this not to happen at all?

These kind of tales really put me off ALL adjustable drivers.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to say I'm a little disappointed with this thread. I only came on it to buy a ticket for the "Xhot driver raffle" (not wearing my glasses this morning) and I find it's a thread about problems with a driver. What a let down.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not exclusive to adjustables though. Happened years ago with a TM Bubble Burner driver I had. It was a bit of epoxy flaking off. TM replaced without question

I agree with that, I had the same issue with an old Mizuno driver (the range before the JPX).

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the same with a callaway ft-9, emailed callaway who told me the nearest dealer. Left it with them who sent it off. Had a new head, head cover and wrench back within a couple of days. Great service.