Wynyard Hall

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was down at Wynyard Hall today for a work event and whilst there took the opportunity to have a look at the golf course. It looked handsome from what I could see.

Anyone played it? Is it worth the trip?

D

Deleted member 17920

Hobbit was a member there.

We played it a couple of years ago, I quite liked it.

Reminded me of playing in Florida playing through the housing estate.

The weather wasn’t Florida like tho 😂

D

Deleted member 16999

Played it quite a few times mate, good course and a good challenge, prefer the front 9 to the back 9, they do some decent winter offers, gis a shout if you fancy playing

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Poor design and layout, runs through the middle of a housing estate, typical awful American style course. Think of a poor 80’s 90’s style American course transferred over here.

D

Deleted member 17920

If you want to play a couple of far better courses in the area, go to Seaton Carew or Hartlepool.
I played Wynard in the morning and Seaton in the afternoon, I enjoyed them both for different reasons.

I think Wynyard isn’t as bad as you are making out, it’s a decent parkland course.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I played Wynard in the morning and Seaton in the afternoon, I enjoyed them both for different reasons.

I think Wynyard isn’t as bad as you are making out, it’s a decent parkland course.

If you want a decent parklands course play Brancepath, Castle Eden, Brass Castle, all better parklands courses than wynyard.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hartlepool is a poor course. Couple of nice holes through the dunes but the rest of it it terrible. Wynyard is miles better.

I’d rather play Hartlepool than Wynyard any day. Wynyard is everything that is bad about 90’s golf courses. It just looks like any poor housing development golf course anywhere in the world.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d rather play Hartlepool than Wynyard any day. Wynyard is everything that is bad about 90’s golf courses. It just looks like any poor housing development golf course anywhere in the world.

We will have to disagree. If I had the choice of the two it would be Wynyard every time.

What do you think of the Ramside? I think the old 18 is a great course. The new one not so much.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
We will have to disagree. If I had the choice of the two it would be Wynyard every time.

What do you think of the Ramside? I think the old 18 is a great course. The new one not so much.

Used to be a member at the Ramside. Played the new course a few times, it does have a few bad holes. The 17th is poor and the 18th is a rubbish finishing hole. The old 18 are alright, just a few to many doglegs.

D

Deleted member 16999

Daft to compare Wynyard to Hartlepool as they are different types of course, we’re quite spoilt for courses around this area and quite a few are in decent condition at the moment.
Visited most of the courses in the North East this year with our team in the League and Cups and Brancepath certainly stood out, saying that, most teams also congratulated Seaham as having some of the best greens they saw this season.
Are you aware Ramside has sold the driving range, clubhouse and some of the finishing holes on the new course to a houseing developer.
Its going back to 27 holes apparently.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Daft to compare Wynyard to Hartlepool as they are different types of course, we’re quite spoilt for courses around this area and quite a few are in decent condition at the moment.
Visited most of the courses in the North East this year with our team in the League and Cups and Brancepath certainly stood out, saying that, most teams also congratulated Seaham as having some of the best greens they saw this season.
Are you aware Ramside has sold the driving range, clubhouse and some of the finishing holes on the new course to a houseing developer.
Its going back to 27 holes apparently.

Heard they had sold the driving range, I’m not surprised if it’s true about the other stuff being sold. When I was there, it seemed the members came second to corporate.

D

Deleted member 16999

Heard they had sold the driving range, I’m not surprised if it’s true about the other stuff being sold. When I was there, it seemed the members came second to corporate.
They certainly do, played them in league home and away and was shocked at some of the things I heard.
Great bunch of guys in their team as well.