WW3 -All Russia / Ukraine stuff here please-

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That Russian 40km army convoy has stalled apparently because it has run out of fuel. And Russia is the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons. Yes, as Putin says, it is all going to plan
Nobbling Rommel's fuel supplies was a key factor in the WW2 Desert War win.
But certainly ironic - if true.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just woken up to the news that Russia have targeted and shelled Europe’s largest nuclear power plant situated in the Ukraine. Luckily the fire was just a building and it’s been extinguished however it’s acts like this that mean we’re now moving very close to the rest of the world having to get directly involved. Pretty worrying.

Get the feeling that, if Putin isn’t taken out that WW3 is almost a certainty whether it be for this conflict or one further down the road.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just woken up to the news that Russia have targeted and shelled Europe’s largest nuclear power plant situated in the Ukraine. Luckily the fire was just a building and it’s been extinguished however it’s acts like this that mean we’re now moving very close to the rest of the world having to get directly involved. Pretty worrying.

Get the feeling that, if Putin isn’t taken out that WW3 is almost a certainty whether it be for this conflict or one further down the road.
Sounds like another smart move by the Russians. Risk a huge nuclear meltdown in a country on your border. Although, it might result in a fairly rapid retreat out of Ukraine

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Got to say I'm feeling your pessimism. Clearly a man without a grip on reality

Some of us go down in a blaze of obscurity
Some of us go down in a haze of publicity
The price of infamy, the edge of insanity

phillarrow

Visit site

Ditto!

Consciously sending missiles into a nuclear power plant seems so unimaginable that it feels like it's just a matter of time now before the west reluctantly accept that we've got no choice but to wipe him out. Very scary times these.

Swango1980

Visit site
That's what happens when you send untrained troops without without maps.
Doubt they new what was there.
I would have thought the Russian's couldn't be that inept, although nothing would surprise me after what has gone on recently.

Suggestions that it was an intentional attack on a nearby building, to force them to shut the plant down and harming the Ukraine's electricity supplies. If that was the case, it looks like it has worked.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would have thought the Russian's couldn't be that inept, although nothing would surprise me after what has gone on recently.

Suggestions that it was an intentional attack on a nearby building, to force them to shut the plant down and harming the Ukraine's electricity supplies. If that was the case, it looks like it has worked.
Someone has more faith in the Russians than I do however those in the South appear to be far better trained than those in the North.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
There's a good read on the Russian Way of war by Dr Les Grau.

The invasion doesn't look to be slowing, It looks to be going exactly to plan for Putin.

Ser Shankalot

Visit site

For the first time in this mess, I’m starting to feel similar. Last nights speech he sounded exactly like a deranged abusive husband threatening to kill his wife (Ukraine) who wants to leave … how can you negotiate with a person like that, who’s already armed and killing and willing to take the rest of the world down with him.