Would you use a buggy at 55

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
After spending a lot of money buying a motocaddy S3 not long agoI find myself in the situation of having bad Plantar fasciitis in both feet I have had injections but to no avail I have had this for ages but it is getting worse,I am looking at getting a s/h single seat buggy but feel funny about the whole thing as I am not an old fart and to look at me you would not think anything was wrong and all I need to use it is a doctors letter but I am worried what others may think,

Would you ride a buggy if you found it difficult to walk round the course

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
If using a buggy was the only way I could play golf, I'd do it without hesitation, bugger what anyone else thought!!

The same for me. Have a bad left leg, now full of metal plus a new hip. 9 holes and I'm done for, plus the swings gone several holes before that. If I could afford a buggy. Would get one in a heartbeat.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'd stick a sign on the back saying "If I could walk 18 holes I would!!", other than that I'd use one if it was the only way to enjoy my golf.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Choice; sit at home and be miserable or buy buggy and play golf. Not a tough choice really. As to what others might think. If it a club rule that you need a Doc's cert, they'll know you have a genuine problem.

Do it!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get one of the Golfboard thingys instead.
Bit cooler.
Though as a PF sufferer myself, standing up for 4 hours might be just as bad.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a long term PF sufferer and can just about get a round in - Until I stop. Then I've had it. My feet, ankles and legs freeze up painfully.
I have a hell of a job just getting out of the car and to my armchair when I get home.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yep if I could get away with it and I'm 41, the problem is I'm a "greenkeeper" and the last thing I wanna do after a weeks work is tramp around the "golf course" with a bag full of clubs on my back but life's hard, I tell you what though judging by the size of some of the lazy bloaters on our course ditching the buggy wouldn't go amiss as some of em can barely reach around their gut to hold the club let alone swing it !...:thup:

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Use it if you need it, if its easing a medical condition whilst allowing you to play a sport you enjoy go for it. The question is will it prolong you playing or not?

tjgreenway

Visit site
I don't see any reason whatsoever for embarassment - if it's going to allow you to play golf when you otherwise couldn't, regardless of age, then do it! Heck, I'm only 26 and if it was a choice between not playing and having to cart it for whatever reason, I'd definitely go down the cart route, to buggery with what anyone else thinks :D

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Benidorm always springs to mind with those single seaters - a two seater would be my preference assuming you could keep it at the club....