• Geoff Ogilvy's chip on the 18th to clinch the US Open

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Stenson's approach to first playoff hole in BMW Open

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wouldn't criticise any of those guys. It's what you're like when you contact the ball that's important. I only wish that I could play as well as any of them.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Worst female swing - Natalie Gulbis. How anyone can dip their head so much through impact and still nail it 300 yards down the middle of the fairway is beyond me.

Good job there are other reasons to watch her play eh ;-)

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
Do you mean worst swing or most unusual or unorthodox swing? I would say that Lee Westwood has the ugliest swing I’ve seen(current tour),and Vijay’s is pretty unique in the way he let’s go with his right hand....

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I mean the one that looks the ugliest. Westwod's looks like a nodding donkey - like Gulbis.

Chris DiMarco's is rank too

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest it’s probably more of an unorthodox swing than it is a bad one. Either way though it’s pretty effective at doing its job.

Just goes to show you don’t have to have the ‘picture perfect’ swing to play good golf. All the golfers mentioned above have swings that take all sorts of weird and wonderful routes back and forth. However the one thing they do have in common (which many amateurs don’t) is the ability to consistently put the club perfectly on the back of the ball at impact.

DHM.

B

birdieman

There is something in us that admires fluidity and grace of motion in any sport including golf. Weiskopf, Miller, Ballesteros, Els. All these swings are/were a joy to watch and try to emulate., However thinking of Mark James, Eamon Darcy, Chris di Marco, Jim Furyk et al, when you watch those guys you just think "I dont want to do that" even when they hit it close. Personally Ballesteros' (when I was young) and Els(nowadays) are the swings I look to for inspiration. Round the greens Mickelson is a joy to watch. Darcy or Furyk have to be the worst swings ever out there.