Worst score from a pro in a tournament

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listening to the commentary today and they said stats showed that the worst score on a single hole from a pro in a tournament is 23 on a par 5 from Tommy Armour.

Wow

Wolf

Visit site
Doesn't Mark James hold the ET record for worst ever score in a single round of 111. Sure he shot it back in the 70s.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Doesn't Mark James hold the ET record for worst ever score in a single round of 111. Sure he shot it back in the 70s.

Seem to remember he was ill or injured, talked about withdrawing because of it & was made aware that he'd get hit with a fine so went out & played hurt instead. It was the time when he & Ken Brown were persona non grata with the ET if I've got it right.

Wolf

Visit site
Seem to remember he was ill or injured, talked about withdrawing because of it & was made aware that he'd get hit with a fine so went out & played hurt instead. It was the time when he & Ken Brown were persona non grata with the ET if I've got it right.
Think you've got it spot on, I listened to a Podcast where he was a guest, think it was Hugh Mar or someone interviewing him. Said he got something like a £50 fine the year before when he pulled out with a knee injury and he didn't want the same issue so when he hurt his wrist he didn't pull out instead completed the round one handed, signed his card missed the cut and went home for treatment

Wolf

Visit site
From many years in the business, you have stories according to Mark James … and then you have what really happened.
To be honest I have no idea of any other Mark James stories from before the 90s as was to young but can't say I've ever really like the guy always seemed to be a bit arrogant to me. But got to admit it's one hell of a crap record for a pro to have